Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Rally New Zealand has a great history, great roads, and a great driver promoting it.
    On top of that rallying is gathering momentum in NZ with a huge number of factory and semi factory entries in the AP4 class.
    It would be the logical event in that region.
    If its run I would bet that big starts like Valentino Rossi and Ken Block, and privateers like Henning Solberg etc would run it - because of the great roads and great atmosphere.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

2. Likes: AndyRAC (26th October 2016),Rallyper (25th October 2016)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys

Anyone know where the best spectator spots will be? I'm assuming it will be the same as last time. I'll be heading there on the Saturday and Sunday, my first rally!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobbsno10 View Post
    Anyone know where the best spectator spots will be? I'm assuming it will be the same as last time. I'll be heading there on the Saturday and Sunday, my first rally!
    I've only been to Rally Australia once, last year, so my experience is limited. But I liked the places I went to: Talarm Hall for Saturday on SS12/15, and Flooded Gums for Sunday on SS21/23.

Talarm Hall offers a few different options to place yourself. When you have a look at the spectator guide map from the official rally website, I liked the spot in the lower left corner of the left spectator area. You can see the cars arriving for a few corners in the distance, and then they will pass close by you, cutting the right hander while transitioning onto tarmac.

For Flooded Gums, I liked the first jump (the one further south on the map, closer to the water splash); depending on your exact spot, you can see the cars already in the fast right hander before they climb the hill and pass over the jump. I watched a few of the historic cars at the water splash, but didn't find it so impressive; mainly because you're standing a bit further away, and there are only few spots where you can see straight towards the water splash.

Especially on Sunday, it is important to be early to be able to pick a nice spot. Last year, we had to park a bit further away and take the organisation's shuttle bus to the spectator area. If that's the case again this year, try to be at the parking as soon as they open it and start the shuttle bus service. If not, I'd suggest to be at your chosen site 2h before the first car, and based on last year's attendance, maybe even earlier for the Flooded Gums on Sunday.

Enjoy your rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    A rally fan is some lunatic who is willing to travel half a globe to see cars drive on some roads.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomanSP206 View Post
    I've only been to Rally Australia once, last year, so my experience is limited. But I liked the places I went to: Talarm Hall for Saturday on SS12/15, and Flooded Gums for Sunday on SS21/23.

Talarm Hall offers a few different options to place yourself. When you have a look at the spectator guide map from the official rally website, I liked the spot in the lower left corner of the left spectator area. You can see the cars arriving for a few corners in the distance, and then they will pass close by you, cutting the right hander while transitioning onto tarmac.

For Flooded Gums, I liked the first jump (the one further south on the map, closer to the water splash); depending on your exact spot, you can see the cars already in the fast right hander before they climb the hill and pass over the jump. I watched a few of the historic cars at the water splash, but didn't find it so impressive; mainly because you're standing a bit further away, and there are only few spots where you can see straight towards the water splash.

Especially on Sunday, it is important to be early to be able to pick a nice spot. Last year, we had to park a bit further away and take the organisation's shuttle bus to the spectator area. If that's the case again this year, try to be at the parking as soon as they open it and start the shuttle bus service. If not, I'd suggest to be at your chosen site 2h before the first car, and based on last year's attendance, maybe even earlier for the Flooded Gums on Sunday.

Enjoy your rally!
    Thanks man, I'll make sure to get down there early Sunday morning

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    RallySport Mag ‏@RallySportMag ˇ 4h4 hours ago

Esapekka Lappi will now be Skoda’s sole entry in Rally Australia after Skoda withdrew Jan Kopecky’s entry. http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...ustralia-entry

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Going to be a hot rally. Over 30 degrees each day. Plenty of snakes to watch out if spectating. If you are coming from overseas to spectate make sure you have long pants and covered in shoes.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

8. Likes: KKS (12th November 2016)
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    If snakes are a problem, be prepared with an Aspivenin kit. Good for mosquito also
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    If snakes are a problem, be prepared with an Aspivenin kit. Good for mosquito also
    I had a Brown snake on my back path only a few days ago, usually don't see them until late December but have had quite a few warm days already. Coffs is a lot hotter than my place in Canberra. The snakes here are deadly, so don't mess with them.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post
    I had a Brown snake on my back path only a few days ago, usually don't see them until late December but have had quite a few warm days already. Coffs is a lot hotter than my place in Canberra. The snakes here are deadly, so don't mess with them.

Ray
    Get us back Rally NZ.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Watch out for the spiders in the portable toilets too.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-a-spider-for/
    http://snakeprotex.com.au/
    Snake gaiters (snake boots etc)are worth considering if you are a frequent visitor to snake environments.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 12th November 2016 at 19:40.