Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    And , all credit to you , my man , for being such a superfan that you can read what was seen as being childish and petulant behavior from both Lauda , and Marko , as dignified .
    The problem in the Merc camp is that both Lauda and Wolff are royally pissed off, and Nico and Lewis have put them between a rock and a hard place. If they impose team orders they will get flak for making F1 even more boring. If they do nothing, they'll be called out for being without leadership, letting the drivers run roughshod over them. No matter what they decide to do, it will be the wrong decision.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

2. Likes: Zico (6th July 2016)
    Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Now that they've mentioned that they might have to use team orders , they won't , at least not yet .

That only goes for straight , positional manipulation , though .

I think there will be some new , internal rules struck .
    At least , I hope so .

I think they will impose a standing 'hold station' order after the last pitstop.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I guess the team orders worked very well at the Malaysian GP of 2013.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    The problem in the Merc camp is that both Lauda and Wolff are royally pissed off, and Nico and Lewis have put them between a rock and a hard place. If they impose team orders they will get flak for making F1 even more boring. If they do nothing, they'll be called out for being without leadership, letting the drivers run roughshod over them. No matter what they decide to do, it will be the wrong decision.
    That's true. There is no correct answer for them.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I guess the team orders worked very well at the Malaysian GP of 2013.
    Yes, but only because they were given to the one out of two drivers who actually obeys them.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Yes, but only because they were given to the one out of two drivers who actually obeys them.
    That was 3 years ago and a lot has changed within the team since then. Hamilton was visibly embarrassed on the podium in Malaysia that year having benefited from team orders. Nico obeyed but wasn't happy and created a PR storm. These days neither would mind having the other pull over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    That was 3 years ago and a lot has changed within the team since then. Hamilton was visibly embarrassed on the podium in Malaysia that year having benefited from team orders. Nico obeyed but wasn't happy and created a PR storm. These days neither would mind having the other pull over for them.
    True, but would either of them pull over for the other? I have massive doubts that Lewis, while in the championship lead, would have let Nico pass. So far, since the start of the 2014 season, he has disobeyed most instructions he's been given, and that were sometimes simple things like going to a different engine mode or coming in to change tyres.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    True, but would either of them pull over for the other? I have massive doubts that Lewis, while in the championship lead, would have let Nico pass. So far, since the start of the 2014 season, he has disobeyed most instructions he's been given, and that were sometimes simple things like going to a different engine mode or coming in to change tyres.
    Not sure you could call those instances disobedience. Sometimes the driver must go with their instincts of what he thinks is advantageous for his chances to maintain their track advantage. As Vettel rightly did in Baku which secured him a podium position. Kimi who complied lost a few track position as a result.

If you look at those instances that matter, you will find that Hamilton has obeyed instructions when asked to maintain positions. Mexico last year was an example. The fact of the matter is that the battle between these guys is more intense this year than ever. Rosberg is more determined to maintain his point advantage and more robust in his attempt to fight with Hamilton on track. Unfortunately, he gets carried away with it and loses cheap points in the process.

With regards to Rosberg being told to let Hamilton through at Monaco. It is just common sense. Hamilton would have eventually past him. But he would have done so after the opportunity to win the race had past. Getting him pass Rosberg when they did was the only chance Mercedes had to win the race. They were not going to win it with Rosberg in a troubled car. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th July 2016 at 12:53.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I don't think any driver enjoys letting a team mate and championship rival through. We've heard on more than a few occasions where drivers are told to let their teammate through yet the following car is not even close to catching them. Lewis was once asked to let Nico through and his answer was 'if he gets close enough I will, but I'm not losing time'.

In Monaco Nico let Lewis through because it worked to his advantage too. In a failing car the last thing you need to be doing is defending against Lewis Hamilton. Nico also had a huge points advantage at that point. I can't see either driver obeying under normal conditions with the championship this close.