Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    My very first thought upon seeing the incident was that Rosberg's intention was to puncture the tyre.
    Nope. That wasn't his intention in Spa 2014, nor was it in Austria, simply because the drivers can't see their front wings. You can't really stab one with a knife you can't see. Not even Sutil would try that. He tried to crowd Lewis off the track.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Nope. That wasn't his intention in Spa 2014, nor was it in Austria, simply because the drivers can't see their front wings. You can't really stab one with a knife you can't see. Not even Sutil would try that. He tried to crowd Lewis off the track.
    Wrong! Nico knew roughly where his front wing was in Spa 14 relative to Lewis. It's complete and utter rubbish to suggest to a driver can't use it as a weapon as your analogy does. I mean, it's on the cars 100% of the time. I can't see down over the top of my jeep but I still can squeeze perfectly into tight parking spaces close to the car in front without my front end hitting it. Why? Because I know it's there even though I can't see it, just like Nico knew his wing was there even though he couldn't see it.

This is why one sees F1 cars following so close to cars in front of them. They can not judge perfectly where their wing is but they have a rough idea and Rosberg knew that if he swiped for Hamilton in Spa 14 that he'd either miss Hamilton or take his rear wheel with him. It was blatantly intentional and yet another incident he got away with.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 6th July 2016 at 07:24.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Is that shot taken as they touched ?
    On the evidence, it does not matter whether if it was as they touched, before they touched or after they touched. The picture shows quite clearly that Rosberg acted intentionally with the aim to crash into Hamilton. He did not mean to fight for the corner or to have a drag race out of the corner. He simply intended to take out Hamilton or squeeze him off the track.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th July 2016 at 16:44.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    i just watched a replay of the start of last year's Austin race , and it's almost a perfect mirror image of this last incident , except that Nico backs out .
    The start of any race is treated differently when 20+ cars are battling for space in T1. Wheel banging is expected. Look at Kvyat in Russia for example. The first touch with Vettel in T1 was treated as a racing incident and it was his second contact that was investigated.

Having viewed the footage of last years USGP I think had Hamilton and Rosberg collided it would have been treated as a racing incident. However if this same manoeuvre been performed further into the race then Lewis would have been in hot water.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Nico coldn´t take the proper raceline because Lewis was there on his outside, therefore the bend became sharper. Lewis is a true and ruthless racer, huuh.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Nico coldn´t take the proper raceline because Lewis was there on his outside, therefore the bend became sharper. Lewis is a true and ruthless racer, huuh.
    Mama Mia!

7. Likes: andyone (14th July 2016)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Drunk post..
    Last edited by zako85; 6th July 2016 at 12:19.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Damn , guys, counter her point or don't bother .

Nico admitted he couldn't take the normal racing line because Hamilton was trying to pass him on the outside .
    He held him out there on purpose .
    That , effectively , had Rosberg creating a much tighter corner for Hamilton to navigate , thus , the "bend became sharper" .

Her opinion may differ from yours , but debate her , rather than insult her , please .

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    There was enough space as seen on the Sky segment to show that Nico could use the same line as his previous lap. Nico failed to turn in when expected and collided with Lewis at the limit of the track boundary.

I know your feelings for Lewis, but surely you can view this reasonably considering the evidence and footage available?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Damn , guys, counter her point or don't bother .

Nico admitted he couldn't take the normal racing line because Hamilton was trying to pass him on the outside .
    He held him out there on purpose .
    That , effectively , had Rosberg creating a much tighter corner for Hamilton to navigate , thus , the "bend became sharper" .

Her opinion may differ from yours , but debate her , rather than insult her , please .
    It's much easier to debate if there is some semblence of rational thought in question, as opposed to post #65 above..
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

12. Likes: truefan72 (6th July 2016)