Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Austria 2016

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    If Nico had turned into the corner several feet earlier but continued forward into Lewis, I would believe the brake issue played its part. But Nico has said he was on the inside so could choose his line. I think he knew he was going to the very boundary of the racetrack and I think he thought Lewis would just dive across the run off area. The fact he was in Hamilton's blind spot meant the whole thing backfired.
    If he had a tire lighting up , I think that odds are that it would have been something Lewis could have seen , as he was passing him in the braking zone . That might have clued him in and had him run straight , so as to avoid a slider .
    But Nico wasn't sliding , so looked much more in control , and , in fact was .

The point there was more that we accept all Hamilton has said as fact , but seemingly , even though it was a judgement call , we don't seem to be able to accept that Nico said that he thought he left enough room .
    He was obviously wrong , but nonetheless , it seems unfair .

Your last sentence says it all for both of them .

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    If he had a tire lighting up , I think that odds are that it would have been something Lewis could have seen , as he was passing him in the braking zone . That might have clued him in and had him run straight , so as to avoid a slider .
    But Nico wasn't sliding , so looked much more in control , and , in fact was .

The point there was more that we accept all Hamilton has said as fact , but seemingly , even though it was a judgement call , we don't seem to be able to accept that Nico said that he thought he left enough room .
    He was obviously wrong , but nonetheless , it seems unfair .

Your last sentence says it all for both of them .
    From watching the replay Lewis was already half a car length in front by the time they came to brake. In the fractions of a second when glancing across I would think he'd be checking track position rather than performing a visual MOT on Nico's car.

I suppose I believe Hamilton in regards to his comments after the incident whereas with Nico I have doubt. Lewis was calm and his description of the incident seemed spot on with what we saw on tv. Nico was visibly frustrated by not winning the race and seemed to try and push the responsibility for the accident onto Lewis. If Nico thought he was leaving room, I really don't know how he managed to judge every apex through the whole weekend. These guys are seated low, but have a good idea where the edge of the track is. Lewis was able to turn knowing where the track limit was after all.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    From watching the replay Lewis was already half a car length in front by the time they came to brake. In the fractions of a second when glancing across I would think he'd be checking track position rather than performing a visual MOT on Nico's car.

I suppose I believe Hamilton in regards to his comments after the incident whereas with Nico I have doubt. Lewis was calm and his description of the incident seemed spot on with what we saw on tv. Nico was visibly frustrated by not winning the race and seemed to try and push the responsibility for the accident onto Lewis. If Nico thought he was leaving room, I really don't know how he managed to judge every apex through the whole weekend. These guys are seated low, but have a good idea where the edge of the track is. Lewis was able to turn knowing where the track limit was after all.
    Lewis did turn in , remember , assuming he could when he actually had a car beside him .
    No matter the reason , that turned out to be a mistake .

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Lewis chose the crash option. He should have know that Nico would use every trick in the book, even dirty ones, to avoid getting mugged in the last lap
    Wow, just wow !!
    That's an interesting perspective.

5. Likes: henners88 (6th July 2016),truefan72 (6th July 2016),Zico (6th July 2016)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Wow, just wow !!
    That's an interesting perspective.
    to me it is pointless discussing this incident with him or now (sadly) Bagwan. Mia is also good for a few laughs.
    I've quietly (mostly) read through all these posts and those afore mentioned 2 seem hell bent on defending Nico, evidence, precedent, video, facts, stewards decisions, professional opinions...all be damned.
    So I see no point in responding or discussing it, because it is an exercise in futility.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    to me it is pointless discussing this incident with him or now (sadly) Bagwan. Mia is also good for a few laughs.
    I've quietly (mostly) read through all these posts and those afore mentioned 2 seem hell bent on defending Nico, evidence, precedent, video, facts, stewards decisions, professional opinions...all be damned.
    So I see no point in responding or discussing it, because it is an exercise in futility.
    I seem to remember writing that the collision was Nico's fault, which doesn't sound like defending him. What I merely dared to point out was, that there are easier ways that always choosing the riskiest option. It worked out for Lewis here, mainly because Nico is just not as good at dirty driving, in Barcelona it certainly didn't work out and lewis threw away 25 easy points, just because the option of breaking and using plan B doesn't exist for him.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    It worked out for Lewis here, mainly because Nico is just not as good at race driving,
    There fixed it for you! (my pleasure, don't mention it.)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I seem to remember writing that the collision was Nico's fault, which doesn't sound like defending him. What I merely dared to point out was, that there are easier ways that always choosing the riskiest option. It worked out for Lewis here, mainly because Nico is just not as good at dirty driving, in Barcelona it certainly didn't work out and lewis threw away 25 easy points, just because the option of breaking and using plan B doesn't exist for him.
    Spot the underhand contradictory dig at Hamilton there.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    No, like backing off if you see that your team mate is in a position to make it impossible for you to pass without taking a risk. Nico has backed out of moves countless time where Lewis gave him a simple choice: back off or crash. This time it was Nico's turn and Lewis chose the crash option. He should have know that Nico would use every trick in the book, even dirty ones, to avoid getting mugged in the last lap, simply because he would have done exactly the same.
    Backing off when you are ahead in the corner would have been dangerous, judging by the relative positions of the cars. If you look at all the successful maneuvers that have resulted in a pass in the corner, rarely would you find any that is from the position that Rosberg was operating from. His chance of taking the position was already handed to him by Hamilton by taking the wide line through the corner. All Nico had to do was to cut the apex and he would have been ahead coming out of the corner. Hamilton had taken the path to have a better traction coming out of the corner to retake the position.
    Whichever way you look at it. Rosberg drove a daft maneuver through that corner and paid a well deserving price for it. That does not diminish my support for him as the leading underdog. But it frustrates the hell out of me to see him slowly throw away what seem like a done deal if he just keeps it together.

If Hamilton can pull off a win of this title, it would be one of his most deserving title of all his titles so far. He appears to be driving against the odds. Without the clear support of the team.

11. Likes: Duncan (7th July 2016),henners88 (6th July 2016),Mintexmemory (6th July 2016),The Black Knight (7th July 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    This has actually been a very civilized discussion , with many good points and counterpoints .

With maybe the exception of Mia , who has every right to her opinion , everyone agrees Nico was a knob there .
    That , perhaps , we think that he wasn't the only knob out there is our opinion .

I can't speak for the others , but my opinion is open to change if you've got the evidence to convince me .

Please stop insulting people .
    Let's talk about the racing instead .