Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    1) i see you are sure that the future of humanity is firmly wedded to the Earth. Good luck with that.
    2) Canada, Mexico and the US. Haven't had a war between these countries in well over a hundred years. How come we can do it but Europe can't?

We do however kill each other domestically at rates and in sheer numbers approaching brush wars.....all for the glory of drugs and booze and coke and honor...

South of us we've cozied up to men who have done the killing for us. We've taught their militarys and police how to torture and kill for decades down at Fort Brag, we give or sell them arms they cannot afford to help them kill their own people quicker and easier...

As for Canada, why would we fight with them when they have been the largest source of capital investment in Merikuh and are so complaint with us...INTERTWINED ECONOMIES...
    duh.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The alternative IS even worse - 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedoc...0Community.pdf
    CONSIDERING that world peace may be safeguarded only by creative efforts equal to the dangers
    which menace it;

RESOLVED to substitute for historic rivalries a fusion of their essential interests; to establish, by
    creating an economic community, the foundation of a broad and independent community among
    peoples long divided by bloody conflicts; and to lay the bases of institutions capable of giving
    direction to their future common destiny;

- Treaty constituting the European Coal and Steel Community (1951).

http://europa.eu/about-eu/eu-history...9/index_en.htm
    The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War. As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace.

- The history of the European Union: 1945 - 1959, from the "About the EU" page.

I'd rather useless EU officers talking, drinking coffee and doing 25 minutes of work as slowly as possible, than those same people working in nativist offices apart from each other, working out how to kill their neighbours as efficiently as possible.

The European Union is incompetent and impotent and deliberately so. The EU was designed as a make work exercise for precisely the same reason that the United States decided to send twelve clowns to the moon.
    So you are happy to live in a superstate, which is finely crafted to be the next worst thing after the Third Reich?

Gees, I thought we have it bad here...

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Llibertat

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    yeah... the EU is the fourth reich. that's exactly how it is Nothing gets past you. the brexit was fueled by xenophobia because the EU cooking another holocaust . That makes perfect sense. Look at the bright side. If WW3 is on the way you will be making the big bucks again.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    A democratic Suprastate, yes, bring it on. The sooner the better. One can certainly be Hannoverian, a lower Saxon, a German and a Eu-citizen for example, they're not mutually exclusive.

Quite what your intention is bringing up the third Reich, I don't know. Worthy of the Farage campaign
    United in diversity !!!

Ben, you can forward your sarcastic remarks to Rollo, as I was just coming to terms with his vision of the rationale behind the establishment of the EU.

You also need to finally grow up and learn to accept things, which happen despite your whims.

Llibertat

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    A democratic Suprastate, yes, bring it on. The sooner the better. One can certainly be Hannoverian, a lower Saxon, a German and a Eu-citizen for example, they're not mutually exclusive.

Quite what your intention is bringing up the third Reich, I don't know. Worthy of the Farage campaign
    It was not me who brought up the Third Reich and WWII. I just used this point to expose the flaws of this simplistic and, may I say, short-sighted thinking which only envisages two options: either EU or the total war and destruction.

Yeah, BTW, EU has a stellar record of stopping wars, doesn't it? For, instance, the war in Bosnia was stopped in Dayton, which is an EU residence in the suburbs of Brussels.

Llibertat

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The war in Bosnia was fought between EU members

In its backyard by the countries some of which have recently joined EU and some aspire to do so.

And then EU did all the peacemaking.

Just with a little-little help from those reactionary Yanks...

Llibertat

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Even if Donkey likes the idea of a super state. It doesn't mean every nation has to agree and except being part of it. Britain hasn't so we should all now except where we are, grow up and come up with what's best for both parties.

Surely the EU will be better off now. We never committed fully so you can get on with the super state.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Even if Donkey likes the idea of a super state. It doesn't mean every nation has to agree and except being part of it. Britain hasn't so we should all now except where we are, grow up and come up with what's best for both parties.
    Heyyyy....UK voluntarely agreed to join EU, nobody ever set a gun to its head to force their entry. You know very well what you were doing from the very start. Leaving it today might be the will of majority but in my opinion it`s a lack of fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Surely the EU will be better off now. We never committed fully so you can get on with the super state.
    Nahhh......EU without UK will be like this forum without Steve.

P.S. I think the latest replies on this thread are based on big misunderstandings of the authors. I blame it on the fact that for many of us English is not the first language.