Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    We get it. You want to change your name cos it's English.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree Mr Jan that many have voted emotionally. I would say there are no Facts though.

We might be hugely successful in 50 years. We might falter terribly.

Or the EU might fail completely in 30 years with or without us. Or it might see everyone be rich.

No facts because no one can know what the future holds. Decision is made. We need to move on and make it work.

I don't quite get why people think we don't want to be friends with Europe. I think it's more that the people don't agree with how the EU is working.

Just my of opinion

I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    "Bland reflected that the local verdict seemed to be the comfortable and probably age-long one of attributing every tragic occurrence to unspecified foreigners" from Dead man's folly by Agatha Christie. I came across it the other day and thought how this sort of sums up Britain's attitude towards everyone else.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

I don't quite get why people think we don't want to be friends with Europe. I think it's more that the people don't agree with how the EU is working.

Just my of opinion

This duplicity becomes a little tiresome. We love the Europe, it's just that everything that's wrong in UK is because of Europe. But we love it.

I think it's more about how people are stupid. Most people don't even have a clue how EU works. This is just how that Farage clown put it, it's all about immigration.

5. Likes: donKey jote (24th June 2016)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Important day today. I think most of the british dont have a grasp on how huge the consequences of this decision will be.

I am afraid this will be the start of the end of the EU, it may take 10 or 15 years but Im positive the project will start to loose even more legs, and Europe will again become a bunch of countries forcing different directions, fighting to thrive with there small economies, living on past glory without having any importance on this twenty first century World, just like the UK.
    Secretly the US rejoice.

Just a bit sad to feel however that if Immigration wasn't a problem the voting would be so different, even though I think the EU is at fault for poor decision making.

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Exit 52% - 48% Remain.

It will be interesting what kind of process this is going to be, I kind of hope the exit treaty will be such that it's going to hurt UK's business with EU.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

I hope there isn't going to be any special treaty between UK and EU now, where they get to cherry pick what they want and what not, the way some people think it will happen. If they still want access to the single market they must take all of it. And if UE members have to respect certain rules to be part of it, so should Britain. Of course that will mean Britain would be pretty much like an EU member, only without voting rights.

It would also be good for everyone for Britain to leave fast now.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I agree Mr Jan that many have voted emotionally. I would say there are no Facts though.
    What I really meant is that people have been pulled in by lies and mis-truths. For example I know several people who have commented about Turkey becoming a member and there being more people eligible to move to the UK. The fact is that they have only completed 1 of the 35 chapters required to join the EU in the last decade (since applying in 2005). https://fullfact.org/europe/turkey-likely-join-eu/

Likewise the "£350 million per week to NHS" line, when the fact was that it would never be that figure and it would never all go to the NHS (especially when the forefront of the Leave campaign are selling off the NHS anyway).

I'm hugely disappointed this morning. I've even surprised myself by being worried about Cameron resigning, mainly because it seems to me that two likely candidates are Boris and Gove, the latter of which is a c**t. The only brightside I can see is that at least Osborne might have to fall on his sword too.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

10. Likes: donKey jote (24th June 2016)
    The global village idiot expressed his delight with the result. So when you get the approval of someone like Trump, you are definitely doing something wrong.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Well... what can one say? The sheer stupidity of humankind still baffles me. What's next? Trump president?
    Bite your tongue!
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover