Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks so much for all your great and very helpful feedback! If anything more comes to mind, I'll be very glad to hear it.

My conclusion so far: Personal timing is relevant and done by at least a majority of you. An app can be somewhat relevant, yet timing is somewhat easy to do with a normal chronograph [or high-end 99c-kitchen timer ;-)] and not worth a dead smartphone battery. Post-event results may be sufficient for some.

I'll also follow up with specifics to your individual posts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    Hello Marc,

I certainly take interval times whenever i am on a special stage to compare different driver's times. I have always done that, before it was with a simple chronograph, now i amusing an app on my smartphone (Best Timer), but it just eats my batteries so fast you can't believe it. For that reason i am not using the app frequently, i still take times with my chronograph, if i don't forget to take it with me.
    Would be great tough to have a decent app on the phone.
    Thanks for the feedback!

About the batteries: I carry a small, external, USB-charged battery with me when it's important these days. Doubles or triples the capacity. Quite nice.

I agree that it seems much more sensible to use a dedicated chronograph or wrist watch instead of a stopwatch app that doesn't add anything beyond these devices...

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    If you can have the app to trigger a 'lap' beacon for each car with one of the volume buttons but the screen off, you can save battery and still have the functionality.

It will be good to store all the times with reference to first car but then adjust them to the fastest car, otherwise you have to do some the maths in your head otherwise!

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    I made this app a few years ago: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rallystopwatch

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D2303 met Tapatalk
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    You can import driver list, stage list and alter driver delay while you're timing. Then you can share the splits over twitter for example.

Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    You can import driver list, stage list and alter driver delay while you're timing. Then you can share the splits over twitter for example.

Cool. Is the import from a website or systematic data provider or manual by the user?

Have you ever tried to get more feedback/users for it? (I'm still wondering whether this is something significant numbers of people would use...)

I'll definitely give it a try as soon as I come close to my Android backup phone again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    If you can have the app to trigger a 'lap' beacon for each car with one of the volume buttons but the screen off, you can save battery and still have the functionality.

It will be good to store all the times with reference to first car but then adjust them to the fastest car, otherwise you have to do some the maths in your head otherwise!
    Good thinking. That's the way I was hoping to make it work exactly.