Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts

RSAC Scottish Rally 2016

Preview: http://msabrc.com/british-rally-cham...into-scotland/

The 24-25th June 2016 sees the 71st running of the RSAC Scottish Rally. The Competitors will leave the start on Whitesands at one minute intervals from 08:00 on Saturday 25 June.
    The stages run through Forestry Commission land at various locations in Dumfries and Galloway with dedicated spectator areas at Ae Forest, Rivox and Castle O’er.
    Cars will begin returning to the Town Centre for the finish line and prizegiving from around 18:20 on Saturday 25 June.

Elfyn Evans and Craig Parry will lead the field away from Dumfries on the 25 June with the all Welsh crew being the first to tackle the 65 miles of Scottish forest tracks. Behind them on the road will be championship leader Fredrik Ahlin and co-driver Morten Erik Abrahamsen. The Scandinavian pair will hope to emulate their Pirelli Carlisle form once again on the Scottish Rally.

Running at number three is top Scottish driver David Bogie and navigator Kevin Rae in the hot seat. The duo will want to put on a good show in front of their home crowd and take a first win for the Skoda Fabia R5 in the BRC. Tom Cave and James Morgan are fourth into the stages while Josh Moffett and John Rowan make a welcome return to the series after taking the BRC section win on the Circuit of Ireland. Euan Thorburn and Paul Beaton are another crew to watch out for. With a lot of experience under their belts they will be there or there about if they can get the best out of the Peugeot 208 T16.

Seeded entry list: http://www.scottishrally.co.uk/compe...ded-entry-list

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 20th June 2016 at 18:15.
    #M-SPORTER

David Bogie and Tom Cave among 9 drivers playing their Jokers here in Scotland.

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Live Results for the RSAC Scottish Rally on Saturday 25th will be available from the BRC web site and from our web site. The BRC web site will carry a summary aimed at the general public and we will provide more detailed information for those that require it.

The results links are:

Results on British Championship web site - http://msabrc.com/rallyresults/

Results on TCS web site - http://results.djames.org.uk/results...&selection=all

The event is a round of the MSA British Rally Championship and the ARR Craib MSA Scottish Rally Championship as well as regional championships.

There are 8 stages with the first car starting from Dumfries at 08:00. Time cards are being collected after every stage and the first times should be available at about 09:20.

The first car is scheduled to finish the event in Dumfries at 18:25.

The itinerary and time schedule is on the website.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Evans off to a good start winning the first two stages.

Local man Bogie in second, ahead of Ahlin.

No problem with bogey times !

5. Likes: Rally Power (27th June 2016)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Ahlin problems?

BRC Championship leader Ahlin is sadly out. Broken propshaft.
    #M-SPORTER

Evans has pulled a 29.8 second gap over Bogie... three stages left.

Jukes in the Mirage R5 leads the National Rally.

#M-SPORTER

Evans wins again on SS6.

SS7 has been cancelled so just one stage remaining.
    #M-SPORTER

Super victory for Elfyn Evans and Craig Parry - new leaders of the BRC and the championship back on track!.

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Evans looked so quick out there, it was a well deserved victory. Really sorry to see Bogie go out on the last stage and lose second, he passed where I was on there with one of the tyres flailing about, he was still pushing though! Too bad he didn't make it to the end. He's had no luck in the BRC this year...

As for the rally, I really enjoyed it apart from the amount of midges on Twiglees in the morning! The itinerary was good as doing three stages was easy, plus it allowed plenty of time for walking fairly far into the stages too. I did Twiglees (ss1), Rivox (ss5) and Mount Joe (ss8), with Mount Joe including a rerun of a good part of the earlier Rivox stage. I made my own way into Twiglees but used the recommended spectator parking for Rivox/Mount Joe, which was very ample free roadside parking, 10 minutes from the Motorway. I hadn't been up in this forest before but I thought the stage was good. I witnessed in person my first big crash on Mount Joe too. John Wink and John Forrest in their Evo 9 went off on a blind over crest right hander that they had it their notes as being 6th gear, almost straight into a bunch of very large felled tree trunks that were on the outside! I won't forget the sight of one of these huge trunks flying one way, with their Evo being thrown sideways through the air in the opposite direction! Luckily there were half a dozen of us spectators there who'd strayed from the designated spectator area, as the car was left immobilised at a 90 degree angle across the road, blocking the stage. There was a radio marshal's post about 5 minutes run up the hill who'd seen it happen, but by the time they could get down to us we'd slowed the approaching cars down and the guys had pushed the car out of the way. We were told over the marshal's radio that the rally officials had thanked us for dealing with it and unblocking the road, which was a nice touch.

If there's anything negative to say it's that the schedule somewhat fell apart due to various accidents, which can't really be helped but I guess led to SS7 being cancelled. The old moan again, but that meant losing 13km of a 99km rally. I just wish there'd been a second day of this rally with another 99km... It seems there are more than enough nice stages in this area to support two full days. I know about the cost factor, but surely the 'Scottish Rally' shouldn't just be another one day Scottish Rally Championship round, it should be Scotland's marquee rally event, like Rally GB is for UK rallying?

Anyway, I can't wait to get out on the Nicky Grist Rally in two weeks now! Two days of rallying, 172,34 km and a mix of tarmac and gravel stages, good stuff.

EDIT: Honourable mention for the Vauxhall Adams again, even though Sindre Furuseth beat them in his Twingo. Duggan and Adielsson looked really good on the fast stuff, so well done to Furuseth for bettering them in the Junior category.
    Last edited by the sniper; 26th June 2016 at 18:35.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (26th June 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (28th June 2016),leighton323 (27th June 2016),makinen_fan (28th June 2016),Mintexmemory (28th June 2016),Rally Power (27th June 2016),Simmi (28th June 2016)