Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Canada 2116

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Well I'm sure I'm not alone to be honest mate.

It's reached a point where Hamilton could be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize and predictably yourself and DJ would be here spinning something negative. It just seems like roles have reversed since the old days where you were peace maker and a figure here of impartiality.
    I am quite sure you aren't alone in thinking that .

I started us talking about the start of the race , and whether a move was legal .
    One driver was angry , another was sort of sorry , and the team principal was shaking his head .

Was this wrong ?
    Should we not debate such things ?

2. Likes: Mia 01 (15th June 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Honestly , what did you mean , then ?

How do the two incidents relate ?
    The drivers both experienced under steer and went straight on. Nico ended up in an escape road at Monaco and Lewis ended up nearly crashing into Nico.

I am quite sure you aren't alone in thinking that .

I started us talking about the start of the race , and whether a move was legal .
    One driver was angry , another was sort of sorry , and the team principal was shaking his head .

Was this wrong ?
    Should we not debate such things ?
    The insinuation that Lewis deliberately went wide to force Nico onto the grass was made. A move can only be illegal if it was done deliberately IMO.

The insinuation that Lewis deliberately went wide to force Nico onto the grass was made. A move can only be illegal if it was done deliberately IMO.
    He said it wasn't intentional and that's fine .
    But , he did slide into Nico , did he not ?

You see , he admitted as much , himself .
    But , I don't see being out of control because you are attempting to hold position as being a decent enough reason to get away with destroying another driver's race .
    That's kind of the harshest way of looking at it , but really just another way of saying that it wasn't intentional , but I had some understeer and nudged my team mate off .
    Sure , we can have a little wheel banging , but if you've got someone right beside you , don't you have to expect to have to allow him room ?

6. Likes: Mia 01 (15th June 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Sure , we can have a little wheel banging , but if you've got someone right beside you , don't you have to expect to have to allow him room ?
    In the first turn of the first lap? None of these guys are going to give room unless they are forced to. And Nico's race wasn't ruined by that. His car, based on qualifying, should have been fully capable of getting back into the fight.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    In the first turn of the first lap? None of these guys are going to give room unless they are forced to. And Nico's race wasn't ruined by that. His car, based on qualifying, should have been fully capable of getting back into the fight.
    There was hardly going to be a protest , given it was his team mate , but they are required to leave room in the regulations , aren't they ?

And , the Merc is well known to be difficult in traffic , and lightning fast in clean air .

Canada 2116

He said it wasn't intentional and that's fine .
    But , he did slide into Nico , did he not ?

You see , he admitted as much , himself .
    But , I don't see being out of control because you are attempting to hold position as being a decent enough reason to get away with destroying another driver's race .
    That's kind of the harshest way of looking at it , but really just another way of saying that it wasn't intentional , but I had some understeer and nudged my team mate off .
    It's racing and we've seen this happen at turn 1 in Canada so many times. It wasn't intentional and I'm sure Nico would pick a different line in hindsight. Nothing can be done about this sort of thing unless stewards start dishing out penalties and nobody wants that.

I don't think you can penalise a driver for not giving room when he unintentionally goes wide in a car that's experienced a momentary loss of traction. That sort of penalty is reserved for drivers who deliberately push opponents off the race track. You also could not penalise Nico in this instance for cutting the chicane.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Race incidents happens, at the start Moore often but Moore seldom between teammates. Nico and Lewis has a habit of it, I give the blame to Lewis 80/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Race incidents happens, at the start Moore often but Moore seldom between teammates. Nico and Lewis has a habit of it, I give the blame to Lewis 80/20.
    Live and Let Die I say!!

It's racing and we've seen this happen at turn 1 in Canada so many times. It wasn't intentional and I'm sure Nico would pick a different line in hindsight. Nothing can be done about this sort of thing unless stewards start dishing out penalties and nobody wants that.

I don't think you can penalise a driver for not giving room when he unintentionally goes wide in a car that's experienced a momentary loss of traction. That sort of penalty is reserved for drivers who deliberately push opponents off the race track. You also could not penalise Nico in this instance for cutting the chicane.
    After conceding he was angry at the time , then proclaiming it just hard racing , he said it was his job to see that he came out on top in situations like that one .
    That says to me that , rather than picking a different line , he'd hold position on the outside of that turn if he had it to do again .

When you go around the outside , you are gunning for the inside of the next bend .
    If you can get all the way to beside your rival early enough that he can see you , you are , by virtue of your now legitimate claim to that space , forcing him to take a tighter line .

Very simply , he did not slow down enough to make the corner inside a rival attempting to make a pass .
    He made a mistake , sliding , and took off his rival .

If you look back through these discussions that we've had about Lewis , it is this issue about which we've had the most disagreement .
    Lewis believes , as he's stated so a number of times , that he has right to the corner if he's on the inside .

I don't believe it's quite that simple .