Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi

This year I want to go to the Rallying but have never been before

What's the best way to do if you want to see the most action? Is it best to go on all of the days or are there some days that are better than others.

Also we are from the midlands so will need to arrange places to stay. Is it best to stay in 1 place or use different B&B's etc depending on where the action is?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Thursday Shakedown , Friday and Saturday are all good - Sunday is pretty much uncompetitive and a proportion of the top guys will have retired.
    B&B near the action (or within 20 miles) is definitely the way to do it.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello guys, thank you for the info that you posted in this thread. I'll be going to Wales rally on Saturday and Sunday and it's my first time so i'm here to beg for help from someone that is more used to this event than me.

In your experience is it worthwhile going to the Deeside Rally village? if you go there let's say at 9 am on friday can you still see some car or are they all already gone?

In your opinion what is the best stage on Saturday and Sunday?

And also, can you choose your own spot to watch the rally (paying attention to safety of course) or are there designated areas only?

Thank you very much for any help that you may provide!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsar View Post
    Hello guys, thank you for the info that you posted in this thread. I'll be going to Wales rally on Saturday and Sunday and it's my first time so i'm here to beg for help from someone that is more used to this event than me.

In your experience is it worthwhile going to the Deeside Rally village? if you go there let's say at 9 am on friday can you still see some car or are they all already gone?

In your opinion what is the best stage on Saturday and Sunday?

And also, can you choose your own spot to watch the rally (paying attention to safety of course) or are there designated areas only?

Thank you very much for any help that you may provide!
    Welcome to the forum.

Best place to start is the timetable - http://www.walesrallygb.com/document..._Route_1.4.pdf

Key is the first car due timings on the far right. So you can see for example that on Friday the cars leave early. Much better to go to service in the evening as you'll see the cars being worked on.

That said I'd always prioritize stages first - and if you can get to service it's a bonus. Regroups can actually be a lot better for getting closer to the drivers/cars.

Regarding Saturday it depends what you want to do. I'd recommend getting into the forests to see it. Dyfi or Gartheinog are your best bets as you'll see the cars twice - plus the national rally if you want to watch that. If you don't fancy trekking into the forest then you could try the Cholmondeley spectator stage I guess. For a lot of people their first taste of Rally GB was stages like that. But forests are where the real action is.

If you get to the stages early enough you can walk in and find a spot - providing the marshals will let you stand there. Be prepared for a lot of walking.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Miki Biasion is the first driver confirmed for the Group B gathering at Cholmondeley.

6. Likes: pantealex (7th September 2016)
    Liked 9,365 Times in 4,978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Miki Biasion is the first driver confirmed for the Group B gathering at Cholmondeley.
    So the Group B cars are confirmed as driving the stage, not just on display ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So the Group B cars are confirmed as driving the stage, not just on display ?
    Some will be moving, others won't but it's quite vague at the moment. More drivers expected according to this - http://www.walesrallygb.com/news/3619.php#.V9AMqvkrLIU

Looks difficult to spend a morning in the forests and then get over there in time on the Saturday. For sure all the Group B stuff will take place before the WRCs get there. Normally I'd avoid a stage like that like the plague, but I'm in a bit of an autograph hunting period at the moment.

"Fans attending the Cholmondeley stage, which closes the Saturday leg at the season’s penultimate round, will enjoy the sight of more than 20 iconic Group B cars either as part of a static display or performing demonstration runs over the same roads that will host the 2016 WRC stars a few hours later."

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/septe...9--12-12-.html
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Maybe biased but i'd emplore people to come along to Chester on the Friday evening...we've lots planned including autograph sessions with the top crews, big screens, live acts etc etc..should be really good and a great atmosphere.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (9th September 2016)
    Not a lot of Info regarding the activities in Chester, but here's the Timings info on the official itinerary:

Friday 28 Oct.
    8B Chester Eastgate - In - 19:05
    8C Chester Eastgate - Out - 19:25
    8D Parc Fermé & Technical Zone - In - 19:45
    8E Parc Fermé Out - Flexi Service - In - 19:55
    8F Flexi Service Out - Parc Fermé - In 20:40
    All cars must be returned to Parc Fermé no later than 23:00
    #M-SPORTER