Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Ma Qing Hua the Chinese driver who was WTCC team mate to Seb Loeb in 2014 & 2015 will compete in Rally China. Unclear at this stage in what car he will use or who his codriver will be.
    To have one of China's most successful circuit drivers entering the event will mean significant increase in interest & coverage from mainstream Chinese media which can only be good for raising WRC's profile

https://twitter.com/maqinghuaF1/stat...28493225136129
    https://twitter.com/Yves_Matton/stat...29802410168320
    The weird counting of the promoter about people who watched WRC coverage at least once will outnumber the world population. lol

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaitan View Post
    Sorry I cannot access google map.

They said ss16 was the 7th(last) road sector, and total 8.44km.

As they said considering China rally promoting factor to use this road sector as power stage.

Good thing:

China largest network TV platform LeTV will broadcast whole rally but not sure how many stages.

There are no need to argue about who care about this rally because LeTV will definitely try their best to make a good show along their products.

Cons:

The president of automobile LeTV is the man who was in charge of media promotion of China Rally back in 1999 =_=

no need Google Map.. only gallery photo for the moment

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    The china of 99 and the china of today are different countries almost.
    Like L.B. Hartley's famous line, "The past is another country, they do things differently there." It could not be more apt than for describing a rapidly developing China. That is because you can not compare China from 1999 to the China of today. Even though some of the exact same roads will be used, the conditions and nature will be entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    The weird counting of the promoter about people who watched WRC coverage at least once will outnumber the world population. lol

That is typical public relations spin and hype, a viewer is counted by they number of times they watch the media, tickets over several days or view a web page. So one person is actually counted multiple times if they bought tickets to an event, checked out the website whilst there for results, refreshing the page many times and then watched the replayed highlights later on TV, another person might be counted once as they read a newspaper or on regular tv sports news.
    Last edited by Livewireshock; 8th June 2016 at 04:28.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Some advice for anyone trying to look at Google maps and then comparing between the map and satellite views, it will not work effectively. It is all to do with the datum that the Chinese government uses for their mapping and how it is offset from what Google uses, so it will never be properly aligned with the regular http://maps.google.com and so you should use http://www.google.cn/maps so they maps and satellite pictures will align correctly using the Chinese datum. Searches still work in English on this site.

\"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Meeke will start with DS 3 WRC, confirmed by Citroen Sport.
    No other names mentioned
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Meeke will start with DS 3 WRC, confirmed by Citroen Sport.
    No other names mentioned
    Citroen were big pushers for having China in the WRC so it is not surprising to see them compete on this fly-away rally.

Locally there will be two Chinese Citroen teams too, one with two R5 DS3 with Manfred Stohl as their lead driver together with team principal Wang Hua in the second car. The other is a R3 DS3 team with Australian Eli Evans driving the lead car for that team. As one of the few FIA homologated teams from China, I would expect to see them located very closely together in the WRC Service Park and not in the national CRC Service Park.
    Last edited by Livewireshock; 15th July 2016 at 04:28.

7. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (15th July 2016),pantealex (15th July 2016)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Media guide is being done this week/wkend as well as SIT are on the ground now reecing stages.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

9. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (15th July 2016)
    For anybody intending to compete, volunteer or spectate at WRC Rally China Beijing, the organisers have requested that all visitors install the WeChat application on your mobile devices. This is a local equivalent of Facebook (which we all know is blocked in China). They have set up a local group account for foreigners to be updated on the latest information and advice. It will begin with the upcoming APRC China Rally Zhangye in August and will continue for the WRC and beyond.

Once you have installed the app, you can scan the QR code I have added down below with the app and your device's camera. This will allow you to join the China Rally 2016 Foreigners Group.

Android version is here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.tencent.mm
    Apple iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/wechat/id414478124?mt=8

China Rally 2016 WeChat QR code.jpg

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Event guide has been published. Nothing special, just info for organisers, villages, importing cars, ports, airports, location of HQ etc.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Works Skoda Motorsport team are going to China. Presumably Kopecký + 1.

13. Likes: dimviii (3rd August 2016)