Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

WRC Privateer Campionship

I support this plan for 2017, using todays generation WRCars in a cup or championship.
    If not in WRC if FIA say no, why not in ERC?

http://rallystart.eu/news/wrc/why-a-...-a-great-plan/

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    I think the best logic behind this would be that in 2017 the gap between R5 and WRC17 could be too big. This could be the place to bridge that gap. However other than that all I can see is gentleman drivers competing.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

Liked 176 Times in 77 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the gap between a 1.0T Fiesta and an R5 is much bigger....and that's the supported ladder in M-Sport/DMACKs eyes!

The whole "super license" is appauling. Any driver can crash a car and kill themselves or spectators, no matter how powerful it is.

So Martin Prokop isn't allowed one of the new cars because it's too powerful......but Latvala, Tanak and Neuville who all regularly throw their cars off the stage are allow one!? What about Henning Solberg? He has more experience than anyone, but is still a gentleman driver? I just really can see how the FIA can justify the license, or who will get one.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Perfect thread to discuss!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I support this plan for 2017, using todays generation WRCars in a cup or championship.
    If not in WRC if FIA say no, why not in ERC?

http://rallystart.eu/news/wrc/why-a-...-a-great-plan/
    a person who has on the same sentence the names of Peter Solberg and the chinless vagabond dog should not be allowed an opinion on the sport.

we do not need the old WRCs in the championship.

6. Likes: janvanvurpa (26th May 2016)
    Liked 176 Times in 77 Posts
    ....and if Loeb wanted to do the odd event would he drive a 2016 WRC?? I seriously hope not

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the gap between a 1.0T Fiesta and an R5 is much bigger....and that's the supported ladder in M-Sport/DMACKs eyes!

The whole "super license" is appauling. Any driver can crash a car and kill themselves or spectators, no matter how powerful it is.

So Martin Prokop isn't allowed one of the new cars because it's too powerful......but Latvala, Tanak and Neuville who all regularly throw their cars off the stage are allow one!? What about Henning Solberg? He has more experience than anyone, but is still a gentleman driver? I just really can see how the FIA can justify the license, or who will get one.
    If think you've read a bit too much into the proposals. Prokop could get a 2017 car if he wanted. There's no super license, and no evidence that any of the current WRC field would be forced out of the new cars. The biggest barrier initially is car supply. It looks like initially you won't be able to get one without it being run by a manufacturer or some kind of satellite operation. I'm not entirely sure how that would work - but I highly doubt that M-Sport will be able to supply works-run customer cars (e.g. Henning's set-up) until mid-season.

To be honest though a WRC Privateer Cup (shouldn't be branded a championship IMO) would be great for Prokop. He'd finally have something to compete for. You could also put younger guys like a Tidemand in there who maybe doesn't quite have the chance to get into one of the 15 or so works seats next season.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: Jack4688` (26th May 2016)
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Yeah, I am pretty sure Prokop or Solberg would be allowed to drive 2017 cars, but the price and availability of one is a big issue for teams like that. Privateer championship with current cars would be solution for that, and it might also solve the issue of privateers not being able to properly compete with factory teams.

Prokop said he would probably go into WRC2 in 2017, this could prevent that.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    There will be max 5 cars/crews entering, no point for "CUP", just let everyone drive with old WRC 1.6T if they want.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Why not let the 2016 WRC cars go to WRX and national series, where allowed.
    Then the privateers can fight it out with the young talents in WRC2?

13. Likes: Daniel_hoy (30th July 2016)