Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    So it's only because of history and you take it granted that this slot is given to Sweden by merit.
    Not so good arguements considering we have had this road conditions drama for at least 20 years now.

Move it to north or leave it or give it to someone else who has the conditions guaranteed simple as that. As much I love this side of Sweden, it's nature and roads it's not gonna cut it in the future.

Btw it's quite incorrect to ask if we should consider dropping Jyväskylä because they have been fine as long as we remember.

Your really only arguement is because you are swedish you feel entitled to have this rally. But others are fed up with this yearly weather drama and because of this I have dropped Sweden as one of my yearly rallies to spectate.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    The difference is that Finland has it much easier since they don't have to provide any certain conditions like snow and ice. They only need to provide gravel roads which isn't a problem in the summer.

Anyway my first option would be to try to skip moving outside Sweden and choose a northern more location. However I don't think that it will happen as long as
    Glenn Olsson is running the rally as he and his organisation/sponsors are very Karlstad/Värmland centric.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

2. Likes: cali (13th February 2020)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Anyway my first option would be to try to skip moving outside Sweden and choose a northern more location. However I don't think that it will happen as long as
    Glenn Olsson is running the rally as he and his organisation/sponsors are very Karlstad/Värmland centric.
    Hopefully the risk of getting the boot from calendar will make them look for better alternatives.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: cali (13th February 2020),Eli (15th February 2020),Rally Power (13th February 2020)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Don't need to move it far. Just been in my hometown, Elverum, Norway. 70-80km from Finnskogen. And while it's far from an amazing winter here it's snow, ice and banks. Even on the roads thats in daily use around schools etc.

Also as we have seen in testing, there are multiple snowy, icy roads in the area fairly near Torsby.

6. Likes: cali (15th February 2020),tommeke_B (13th February 2020)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Hopefully the risk of getting the boot from calendar will make them look for better alternatives.
    I hope so too.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

8. Likes: cali (15th February 2020)
    Liked 174 Times in 76 Posts
    There is no doubt that the WRC needs a winter rally. A snow/ice event brings a unique element to the calendar. What has always amazed me is that a tyre manufacturer essential develops a specific tyre which will only be used in one round of the WRC.

The current situation is a crisis. The manufacturers and tyre suppliers sign up and invest large sums of money, and almost need to have a guarantee that a winter rally will run in adequate, not necessarily perfect conditions. The current conditions are nowhere near adequate. It's not a knee-jerk reaction either, the rally organisers have "crossed their fingers" many times before in the weeks leading up to the rally. They were bound to get bitten. Rally Sweden is the best event I've ever visited, but the scenes this week are saddening.

The event needs to move north if it wants to survive, manufacturers will soon be tired of the uncertainty (they probably are already). Is there any reason why two winter events can't run again. The WRC can be shortsighted and nostalgic at times. If they want to expand and grow the sport they must crack North America. Even if the appetite isn't currently there in North America, running an event in somewhere like Montreal would have the potential to draw of millions, and the road conditions at this time of year will almost certainly be adequate. F1 fans flock to Montreal for the GP, so why can't WRC do the same. I can't see the manufacturers thinking that it's a bad move in terms of exposure.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (13th February 2020),Rally Hokkaido (16th February 2020),TWRC (14th February 2020)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    TODT DECLARES SNOW-LESS SWEDEN WON’T BE REPEATED
    FIA PRESIDENT MAKES CLEAR THERE HAVE TO BE CHANGES

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/t...t-be-repeated/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: BleAivano (15th February 2020),cali (15th February 2020),Rally Power (15th February 2020),TWRC (15th February 2020)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Your capslock is broken it seems....

Anyway he's telling them to move stages.

I guess for next year they will keep Likenås and probably Hof-Finnskog and try to move other stages further north.

Good bye to Colin's crest.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Likenås
    *Likenäs 🙂

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Todt keen on USA return...

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/v...returns-to-usa

Hmmmm... and all this new WRC coverage from US-based Dirtfish is just a co-incidence ?

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Off course they should have a north american rally, but will americans understand this sport? They actally think someone driving in circles with a carburettor is a exiting motorsport.....

It is probably to complicated for them, maybe if they put it in some of the "scandinavian" states up north or canada?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport