Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The only issue I read about moving the rally further north in Sweden is that its more hilly there and a lot of people already holiday in the area for skiing. Therefore there may be an issue in finding enough hotel beds for the rally fans visiting.
    No. Not more hilly in Östersund or Umeå (which city would be most perfect) than Värmland.

Not moving bcs of Värmland sponsors seems a bit silly. There should be sponsors for such big event. I would say Östersund doesn´t affect skiing season for Åre if they have Rally Sweden in week 5 or 6.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (12th February 2020)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    20km north of Lillehammer today.
    Thats a little north of the northest stages under Rally Norway some years ago.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Sure looks fine. But rally should stay in Sweden...

5. Likes: Entertainer (13th February 2020)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Agree. We have lots of nice roads as well.

Current snow depths in Sweden.

...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

7. Likes: RS (12th February 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Per, with all due respect...why???

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    I am quite sure that the contract is with the organiser. However if the contract says "guaranteed winter conditions" (or something similar) then I would assume that the promoter can breach the contract due to the contractaded obligation not being fulfilled.
    Yeah. In that case though I would assume the winter rally slot would become open for any country.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Per, with all due respect...why???

I shouldn´t even answer, but I feel needed to do;

Because Rally Sweden is an institution like several other rallies in the WRC. Norway isn´t. Sweden has snow and winter conditions. Just change place for HQ.
    Would you say same about Rally Finland?

11. Likes: BleAivano (12th February 2020),Entertainer (13th February 2020),pantealex (17th February 2020),Rally Hokkaido (16th February 2020),satnav (12th February 2020)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts

Because Rally Sweden is an institution like several other rallies in the WRC. Norway isn´t. Sweden has snow and winter conditions. Just change place for HQ.
    many rallies have been institutes in the past. monte, greece, new zealand, safari, corsica, ...

they all got dropped and replaced by others at one time. sweden is no exception.

if they can't guarantee snow then maybe it's time to move on from sweden as the snow rally.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (12th February 2020),cali (12th February 2020),Kaps (13th February 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts

So it's only because of history and you take it granted that this slot is given to Sweden by merit.
    Not so good arguements considering we have had this road conditions drama for at least 20 years now.

Move it to north or leave it or give it to someone else who has the conditions guaranteed simple as that. As much I love this side of Sweden, it's nature and roads it's not gonna cut it in the future.

Btw it's quite incorrect to ask if we should consider dropping Jyväskylä because they have been fine as long as we remember.

Your really only arguement is because you are swedish you feel entitled to have this rally. But others are fed up with this yearly weather drama and because of this I have dropped Sweden as one of my yearly rallies to spectate.

Last edited by cali; 13th February 2020 at 09:40.

15. Likes: Kaps (13th February 2020)
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    I quite like Sweden. It's not just snow and then put every country who has it. It's combination of three things. Snow, fast roads and special stage section called Colin's Crest (there is also intern competion of the biggest jump every year). Every event of this kind have that kind of world known section. Every part of Sweden or any other country don't have many fast roads.

Let's face it. How many events could replace Sweden and how many are actually take the bid to join the WRC for a full snow event. That's right, only Canada. But as people say that are just wishes from few people not any kind of government or any major sponsor.

Only country that have fast roads and also a lot of snow (avg. speed around 130km/h or more) are Finland but they kinda have summer date and in genes it's all gravel rally.

Better to find gravel rally alternatives since there is 80% events on calendar and every year they just increase that number of expense of tarmac ones.

Best solution is moving HQ but still stays in Sweden.

17. Likes: BleAivano (13th February 2020),cali (13th February 2020),Micke_VOC (13th February 2020)