Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    5,095
    Like
    895
    Liked 718 Times in 368 Posts
    If correct, it is a smart move to go all the way to Norrbotten county, for real stable winter conditions!
    They will for sure save the rally with such a move.
    Last edited by Sulland; 23rd March 2020 at 22:11.

  2. Likes: Rallyper (24th March 2020),satnav (24th March 2020)
  3. #52
    Senior Member BleAivano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,013
    Like
    286
    Liked 239 Times in 148 Posts
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

  4. #53
    Senior Member SubaruNorway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Biri, Norway
    Posts
    4,335
    Like
    71
    Liked 1,375 Times in 537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    If correct, it is a smart move to go all the way to Norrbotten county, for real stable winter conditions!
    They will for sure save the rally with such a move.
    Financially also? Would guess they need more money from sponsors to run the event up there with less spectators probably. Nearly no motorsport that high north in Norway, Finland across the border is good i guess though.

    Calculated my own fuel expenses to go up there in my own car for the whole event to at least 500€ with 13-14 hours to and from. Not an option renting a cheap FWD for me and shortest flight i could find is 1 stop 4 hours and 140€
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 26th March 2020 at 18:47.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

  5. #54
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    5,095
    Like
    895
    Liked 718 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Financially also? Would guess they need more money from sponsors to run the event up there with less spectators probably. Nearly no motorsport that high north in Norway, Finland across the border is good i guess though.

    Calculated my own fuel expenses to go up there in my own car for the whole event to at least 500€ with 13-14 hours to and from. Not an option renting a cheap FWD for me and shortest flight i could find is 1 stop 4 hours and 140€
    Looks line Hq in Torsby in 21, and then I guess with remote service.
    But hey, maybe 21 will be the snowseason of the decade! But I would not put money on it.

  6. Likes: Rallyper (27th March 2020)
  7. #55
    Senior Member BleAivano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,013
    Like
    286
    Liked 239 Times in 148 Posts
    There are three candidates that have submitted application to be the new host of Rally Sweden. Österund, Umeå and Luleå (together with a few other smaller towns) are the three candidates.
    Umeå is by far the biggest city of the three, almost 130'000 inhabitants. Umeå also hosted a very good SM-round this year but Östersund have done well too previous years. Luleå/Boden/Älvkarleby is,
    for me atleast, a bit unknown when it comes to rally hosting. All three still have flights from/to Stockholm-Arlanda and/or Stockholm-Bromma.

    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/%C3%...d65.584819!3e2

    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...tydligare-form
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

  8. Likes: AnttiL (14th September 2020),pantealex (15th September 2020),the sniper (14th September 2020)
  9. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    81
    Like
    18
    Liked 72 Times in 28 Posts
    Östersund has listed 43 possible stages within a 60 km radius from the city, with a total SS length of almost 1000 km. Their round in the Swedish Championship usually have really nice roads with big snow banks. The map of these stages along with some other information (in Swedish though) can be found in this document.
    Development Engineer, Co-driver, 2x Swedish Champion (R2)

  10. Likes: AnttiL (15th September 2020),EstWRC (15th September 2020),pantealex (15th September 2020),Rally Hokkaido (15th September 2020),Rallyper (15th September 2020),the sniper (15th September 2020),tommeke_B (15th September 2020)
  11. #57
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    9,017
    Like
    4,034
    Liked 7,888 Times in 3,296 Posts
    Finally they are going into right direction with this. Should have happened years ago already.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  12. Likes: jonkka (17th September 2020),Sulland (20th September 2020)
  13. #58
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Östhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    6,218
    Like
    3,672
    Liked 1,886 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikli2 View Post
    Östersund has listed 43 possible stages within a 60 km radius from the city, with a total SS length of almost 1000 km. Their round in the Swedish Championship usually have really nice roads with big snow banks. The map of these stages along with some other information (in Swedish though) can be found in this document.
    Brilliant presentation. And absolutely proper place for WRC Rally Sweden!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  14. Likes: AnttiL (15th September 2020),erikli2 (15th September 2020),EstWRC (15th September 2020),pantealex (15th September 2020)
  15. #59
    Senior Member BleAivano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,013
    Like
    286
    Liked 239 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Brilliant presentation. And absolutely proper place for WRC Rally Sweden!!
    I don't disagree in any way, shape or form. However Umeå/Vännäs Motorklubb received allot of accolades after the SM-round this year so I don't think that they will give up without a fight.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

  16. #60
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Östhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    6,218
    Like
    3,672
    Liked 1,886 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    I don't disagree in any way, shape or form. However Umeå/Vännäs Motorklubb received allot of accolades after the SM-round this year so I don't think that they will give up without a fight.
    Will be interesting to see what happens. In an international aspect I think Östersund is the winner.

    But for sure, Umeå surely would be fine.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •