Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Btcc 2016

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Btcc 2016

I know this part of the forum is a true ghost town, but just in case anyone wants to say anything.

I watched the first rounds at Brands and enjoyed the racing. Although I never enjoy the Indy circuit as much.

Missed round 2 at Donnington. Luckily ITV has a catch up the week after.

Anyone else on here watching?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Yep - managed to see it live apart from when the Grand Prix was on at the weekend, leaving WEC for later and rallycross that I'm catching up on in stages - that was a busy weekend...

It does seem a shame that the touring car forum in particular is dead these days; this used to be the busiest place of the lot and that was in an era when the BTCC was struggling. Can't say I'm a great fan of the ballast rules and I've never liked partially reversed grids, but I can't complain about a full grid of 30+ cars. And the racing these days is good and close without being as dirty as it has been in the past (although maybe that's why nobody else is here?...)

Motorsport UK began last night too, and usually has a repeat on at the weekend, so you'll be able to catch up on the support races as well, which were some of the best I've seen at the weekend. A goose agreed; he came to watch in the gravel trap at the Old Hairpin, until somebody tried to fire an upside-down Renault Clio at him
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Missed round 2 at Donnington. Luckily ITV has a catch up the week after.
    The Donington races are available to watch online now here:
    http://www.itv.com/btcc/races

Yes it is a shame that this once great forum is as quiet as it is now. I must be still in the habit of checking it once in a while. I think the first thread I ever contributed to was titled "James Thompson's hair"!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

4. Likes: steveaki13 (19th April 2016)
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Race 3 at Donington was ruined by the soft tyre rule. It makes the racing so predicable.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Had another cracking day at Donington for the BTCC, got there just before the tourers first race so missed all the fun of the Clio's first race which a pitty but the rest of the day was spot on.

Here's my vid of the days action, skip to 24:45 to see Neal's overtake for the lead in the final race shot from the newly opened infield as u can see from the start of the Craners all the way to exit of McLeans in one one go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLI...vqrqneutd0ix04

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    Race 3 at Donington was ruined by the soft tyre rule. It makes the racing so predicable.
    Yes, it's unnecessary. A shame, as I'm otherwise enjoying the BTCC this year more than I have for a very long time. A terrific field and largely clean racing.

However, whether Thruxton, after the shenanigans just now, is a suitable venue for the championship these days I'm not so sure. I know some of it's down to people being too aggressive with set-ups and driving styles, but every year ends up with punctures deciding the result and it's getting rather tiresome. A pity, as the first few laps were awesome.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Thruxton was a bit of a joke. Whether it was circuit, tyres or teams/drivers, to have so many issues with punctures etc. is pretty scary.

As you say BDunnell the first laps of race 1 especially were some on the best I have seen.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just 1 week to Snetterton: motorsport updates on motorsportinfo.weebly.com where you can contact me if you want to write motorsport articles as well as via my blog www.hineinternationalmotorsport.wordpress.com

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Goodness me. Can't help but feel that Snetterton needs to make some safety-related changes along the pit straight after today. Not just Hunter Abbott's frightening accident, but also the then leader in the Clio race taking out his own pit board. Taller barriers needed?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Goodness me. Can't help but feel that Snetterton needs to make some safety-related changes along the pit straight after today. Not just Hunter Abbott's frightening accident, but also the then leader in the Clio race taking out his own pit board. Taller barriers needed?
    I've been watching motorsport for 19 years, and that was the worse accident I have ever seen. It'll be a major talking point before Knockhill!
    Did you agree with Jordan's views that some drivers were to blame? I do, in a way