Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Hammy the greatestestest greatest? lol Nah, he is very good but I wouldn't go that far.
    I can also think of 3 or 4 drivers on the current grid who I would take before Rosberg if looking for a No1 driver.
    Last edited by Zico; 16th June 2016 at 22:07.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    You missed the point here. If Rosberg is one of the greatest, then Hamilton is simply the greatest greatest.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    How do you quantify a drivers' greatness? Are you looking for someone who's statistically the best? Then you'll have to give it to Schumacher. Need the most complete? Schumacher again. The one with the biggest raw natural speed? Probably Alonso or Verstappen. It's a pointless endeavour. I bet you anything that if Lewis was paired with someone who's crap at setting up a car, he would be down several wins as that isn't his strong suit either and hasn't been since his early karting days. There is no such thing as 'the greatest'.

Sent from my keyboard builtin keyboard using my fingers
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    How do you quantify a drivers' greatness? Are you looking for someone who's statistically the best? Then you'll have to give it to Schumacher. Need the most complete? Schumacher again. The one with the biggest raw natural speed? Probably Alonso or Verstappen. It's a pointless endeavour. I bet you anything that if Lewis was paired with someone who's crap at setting up a car, he would be down several wins as that isn't his strong suit either and hasn't been since his early karting days. There is no such thing as 'the greatest'.

Lewis isn't too shabby at car setup on his side of the garage. Back in 2015 it was reported Nico's side were using info from his so it's not all one way traffic.

The greatest is always a personal selection IMO.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

I don't bother to make such assessments. I can't even say which one's the best right now, let alone of all time.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    They all have their faults ,but Schumacher,was ruthless on the track pushing Barricello off the track .As is Rosberg in pushing Hamilton ,and Hamilton is learning to be just as ruthless too .
    We can judge just how great or good a drivers career has been once they hang up their helmet ,and everybody has a different view .At 76 i have seen some greats racing in my lifetime .Jim Clark,Graham Hill,Phil Hill ,Richie Ginther,Jo Bonnier,Nigel Mansell,Alain Prost ,Ayrton Senna,but we all have our own favorite

6. Likes: Tazio (18th June 2016),truefan72 (18th June 2016)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Hey Baggy your fav driver speaks out against The Boss' lifestyle during competition:

LEWIS HAMILTON'S whirlwind lifestyle is a problem for his Formula One career and will cause him to drop points this season, Felipe Massa has warned.

He is preparing for his second life after Formula One and it can be a problem for his career," Williams driver Massa, who was beaten by Hamilton to the title by a single point back in 2008, said."It can maybe take some concentration away and, on some days, it can make him lose points. He needs to think about his lifestyle. He needs to concentrate and he needs to put in the first place what is more important for him

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/other...massa-557057/?
    Felipe baby!

Last edited by Tazio; 19th June 2016 at 02:14.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    They all have their faults ,but Schumacher,was ruthless on the track pushing Barricello off the track .As is Rosberg in pushing Hamilton ,and Hamilton is learning to be just as ruthless too .
    It was the other way round. Lewis started the pushing off the track business, Nico answered with little success, because if Nico does it, he's pilloried by the team, if Lewis does it, it's just racing, and 'understeer' usually.

It was the other way round. Lewis started the pushing off the track business, Nico answered with little success, because if Nico does it, he's pilloried by the team, if Lewis does it, it's just racing, and 'understeer' usually.
    I think driveace is remembering Nico pushing Lewis onto the dirt before they were teammates at Bahrain. I don't remember Lewis doing it to Nico prior to that?

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I think driveace is remembering Nico pushing Lewis onto the dirt before they were teammates at Bahrain. I don't remember Lewis doing it to Nico prior to that?
    It was china 2012, actually. But under Merc's strict rules it was Lewis wqho broke them first at Bahrain 2014.

It was china 2012, actually. But under Merc's strict rules it was Lewis wqho broke them first at Bahrain 2014.
    They were both pushing each other off track during that race. This sounds like tit for tat to me.