Page 250 of 421 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4205
    Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    If the worst happens (or for those who think VW/Ogier are making it boring - the best) then where would the reigning 4 times Champ be likely to end up? Would any team even have a spare seat at this time?
    Ogier to Citroen
    Latvala to Toyota
    Mikkelsen to Hyundai

That would be my guess anyway.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Citroen are full. and not bringing a 3rd car online till a few events. Hyundai haven't they completed there driver line up as well.
    Only Ford and Toyota with seats I reckon ]

Steve

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Hyundai is the only team with deep enought pockets, Ogier would never get involved with Toyota and I think Citroen is set for next year. Interesting couple of months ahead.

4. Likes: cali (1st November 2016)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,687 Posts
    My guess is that VW will normally continue in WRC...

6. Likes: electroliquid (1st November 2016),er88 (1st November 2016),HarriK (1st November 2016),leighton323 (1st November 2016),N.O.T (1st November 2016)
    Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    My guess is that VW will normally continue in WRC...
    They're out. I'm sure they're probably just waiting to tell staff in a more compassionate way than a press release - and they were no doubt travelling yesterday on the way home from Wales, and possibly having a day off today.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    All that VW withdrawal is just end of season banter by the british journalists who are bantermasters of nothingness.

nothing will happen tot he VW program.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Would any team even have a spare seat at this time?
    are you joking, or just completely unfamiliar with the wrc?

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Volkswagen will end its World Rally Championship (WRC) programme at the end of this season, Autocar can exclusively reveal.

In a meeting held in Wolfsburg on Tuesday morning, the German car maker’s board vowed to retain the 200 employees at its Volkswagen Motorsport division, with plans for them to focus on the VW Golf TCR customer car and other motorsport programmes within the Volkswagen Group, possibly including Skoda's rally programme.

An official statement confirming the end to Volkswagen’s WRC involvement is set to be made on Wednesday, after affected staff have been told of the decision.

“The priority is to advise our employees of the plans first,” a senior source revealed. “We will then make the decision to pull out of the WRC public. Until then, there will be nothing official.”

Despite developing an all-new Polo WRC to 2017 WRC regulations, Volkswagen does not intend to provide it to customer teams.

"The costs involved in developing the 2017 car will be absorbed into the existing R&D budget. There are no plans to offer it through a customer programme. It will be mothballed," Autocar's source revealed.

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    All that VW withdrawal is just end of season banter by the british journalists who are bantermasters of nothingness.

nothing will happen tot he VW program.
    And once again, you're shown to have not the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

12. Likes: COD (1st November 2016),hsmed (2nd November 2016),itix (1st November 2016),Miika (1st November 2016),OnlyRally (1st November 2016)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwel Davies View Post
    Ogier to Citroen
    Latvala to Toyota
    Mikkelsen to Hyundai

That would be my guess anyway.
    In my opinion, looking at the results this season, Hyundai has no interest to hire an other driver than Ogier. However, as they have yet made a huge effort for Neuville, I do not think they will be able to sign Ogier and fire Sordo.

Citroën is the best choice for Ogier (and Lefebvre could be sacrifice by the management as Ogier is French) but has Ogier forgiven to Citroën?
    Or maybe he Will take a year out of WRC?

About Latvala and Mikkelsen, the market will be complicated as they Will have to wait Ogier's décision (no team Will make Them an offer before I think)