Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Mercedes Constructors Champions

So with Kimi getting told off, Mercedes are crowned World Champions for the second time.

Congratulations.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: jens (21st October 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Constructors world Champions 2015 with 5 races to go, that is impressive dominance. Congratulations to Mercedes Petronas. Two more to go, to match Redbull. Can they pull it off? We have have to see in 2016 l think.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Thoroughly deserved. I do hope Ferrari and McLaren make huge steps forward next year though and we have a multi team title fight. Even with my favourite driver winning I still don't enjoy it anywhere near as much. I argued against Vettel fans a couple of years ago who seemed to love dominance but it's not for me. Come on and catch up!!

5. Likes: jens (21st October 2015)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Thoroughly deserved. I do hope Ferrari and McLaren make huge steps forward next year though and we have a multi team title fight. Even with my favourite driver winning I still don't enjoy it anywhere near as much. I argued against Vettel fans a couple of years ago who seemed to love dominance but it's not for me. Come on and catch up!!
    This
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Constructors world Champions 2015 with 5 races to go, that is impressive dominance. Congratulations to Mercedes Petronas. Two more to go, to match Redbull. Can they pull it off? We have have to see in 2016 l think.
    Oh god, please no. Actually, I do think that Mercedes will be dominant in 2016, but I hope 2017 will be different.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    They deserve credit for it as they've done a fantastic job but I can't help but feel that the rules have pretty much prevented the other teams from countering the Mercedes advantage (I'll admit the Tifosi in me colours this a little - I'm only human after all ).

This article in Autosport is what I mean: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121314

Ferrari want to bring forward an engine upgrade but are hesitant because it will incur a grid penalty and Vettel is still in with a remote chance of the title. The engine homologation rules are actively preventing Mercedes rivals from developing their car and improving the competition levels in the sport which are sorely lacking at the moment. When McLaren, Williams and Ferrari dominated in the past their rivals weren't hamstrung by technical rules that actively prevented them from catching up. Surely this isn;t good for the sport?

I understand the cost reasons behind the rules but a balance needs to be found between allowing teams to develop their cars and provide the competition the sport needs and keeping everything financially viable.

PS. - Sorry to derail a thread congratulating Mercedes, they do deserve the titles they have won as they have done a much better job than the rest.
    Forza Ferrari!!

9. Likes: jens (21st October 2015)
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Might as well congratulate them now for 2016. I read an article in Auto, Motor und Sport that claims that Mercedes is toying with their competitors this year and that the chances of them (Ferrari) seriously challenging the Silver Arrows next year are also very slim. So, that realistically means HAM is ever nearing his 4th title. Consider that one for a minute. He's already even with Senna when it comes to wins. He could easily dominate all year next year as well......
    I'm actually ok with that. He's sorta grown on me over the years and it would take away from VET looking so good.
    Prost!
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

11. Likes: jens (21st October 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    Might as well congratulate them now for 2016. I read an article in Auto, Motor und Sport that claims that Mercedes is toying with their competitors this year and that the chances of them (Ferrari) seriously challenging the Silver Arrows next year are also very slim. So, that realistically means HAM is ever nearing his 4th title. Consider that one for a minute. He's already even with Senna when it comes to wins. He could easily dominate all year next year as well......
    I'm actually ok with that. He's sorta grown on me over the years and it would take away from VET looking so good.
    Prost!
    The remarkable thing about Hamilton's statistics though is that there is a high chance during 2017 he will become the most successful driver of all times in terms of pole positions. He is already just -19 down on Schumacher, and -16 down on Senna.

Considering ever since 2010 Vettel and Hamilton have taken lion's share of all pole positions, with Rosberg also getting quite a fair amount from 2013 onwards, it is hardly surprising. There is also no reason why this trend should change very soon.