Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

EU Getting Involved with F1 Situation

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-investigation

I woke up this morning to this story and frankly, I welcome it.
    For a long while now I've said the way they allocate prize money and revenue is not only unbalanced, but also really a troubling situation and almost criminal in its nature.

I hope Force India and Sauber win the case and the following happens:

1. No more $75m annual payment to Ferrari for just being...Ferrari
    2. A proper revenue sharing system that is similar to every other highly successful league in the world, NFL, EPL, etc
    3. No more 2 year delays in paying out annual profits. Money should be given to the teams at the start of every season
    4. Prize money to be awarded in an equitable manner
    5. Transparency in the profits and payments
    6. This will lead to a removal of the budget caps, since each team will have a decent base budget that will be more than enough to operate a team throughout the year. If teams decide to spend above and beyond on engines, etc then it is their choice and not limited. There should still be a bit of a restriction as to not go completely bonkers.
    For example; teams being able to use 8 engines a year instead of 4 without penalty. Same with the gearboxes. And yes R&D development and testing comes back. No more engine freeze. Renault will be free to improve their engines as much as they want or simply come up with a different more powerful unit. Same with Honda. Just as long as it fits the spec

All these things can only happen if you have a proper revenue sharing system and not an unbalanced one. Nor a shadowy corporation that sees fit to hoard most of the licensing revenue coming into the sport, slowly killing it with their greed.

And finally, I'd like to see a constant 20 race season, reduced costs for hosting the race, which would mean lower ticket prices, and full crowds again. Squeezing every last penny out o race organizers every year is not a sustainable method of running the business and only serves to enrich a select few members of Bernie and his cohorts. Monza, Spa, Silverstone, etc should never be in a situation where one worries if they will be on the calendar and FFS bring back turkey.
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st October 2015 at 04:59.
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: rjbetty (30th September 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Ferrari are big enough and strong enough to stand alone with out being subsidized by Bernie .Ferrari need F1 more than F1 need Ferrari.It's unfair on such companies that have gone tits up over the past 10 years ,or had to sell such as Spiker,Stewart,Jaguar,etc

4. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2015)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I think that Bernie should have addressed the concerns of the smaller teams before something like this happened. He only gave them lip service, so he's as much to blame as anyone. Once the nanny brigade starts digging around, I see these goofs doing as much harm as good.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith