Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I've discovered Perth, Australia, to be the best place for F1 timings. All Euro races and night races timed for mid afternoon Euro time fall to about 8pm, the far east races fit late afternoon, Japan early afternoon. Australia works for lunchtime, only the US races are middle of the night.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Elitists...

Sent from North Korea using a shoe
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    And then people wonder why F1 racing is not popular in the US. It's because most of the races start at 4-7am on Sunday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Is it?
    Or is it because F1 is on pay-TV?
    Yes and yes. Also, there hasn't been an American in F1 with a recognizable name in over 20 years. And over that period of time, open wheel racing in the U.S. has really fallen out of favor.

When I used to follow ratings, F1 on ESPN would pull something around a .5-.7 and the handful of races on ABC would pull something in the mid 1's, as best I can recall. Pretty much in the range of what CART was pulling back then. I believe when Villeneuve and Montoya were in F1, the ratings were higher for F1 here. People here knew them by name more than any American driver outside of an Unser, Andretti or some NASCAR guy. But once F1 left ESPN, fewer people got Speedvision/Speed Channel, so of course, viewership suffered. And I have no idea how NBCSports is doing with F1 now. And to be honest, as long as they maintain the good coverage that we have now, I don't really care what the ratings are anymore. These days, I might watch one live race a year. People these days can tape or DVR races. And NBCSports has an On Demand option. The On Demand on my Roku has become my favorite way to watch the free practice sessions that aren't televised.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In my opinion you should change nothing the night race because is interesting. Then the GP Abu Dhabi could not unwound the day has cause of the temperature very high

5. Likes: zako85 (29th September 2015)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red sky bull View Post
    In my opinion you should change nothing the night race because is interesting. Then the GP Abu Dhabi could not unwound the day has cause of the temperature very high
    Welcome to the Forums
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I don't mind the Asian races as I used to set them to record and get up about 7:30-8am and start watching without the need get up early. Now with the coverage split I have lost a little interest anyway so generally catch the highlights because it takes up less of my Sunday. Even having Sky F1 has not increased my excitement. I've only watched 2 full races this year, hence why I rarely comment here any more.

In all seriousness they can put them on at any time they like, i'll still watch at my convenience.
    Ditto. I haven't watched a race live in probably over two years. The current state of the sport is simply not worth two hours of my time. I record all of them and watch when there's no paint to watch dry, or snow to watch melt.

8. Likes: henners88 (30th September 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    the snow actually melts up there eh?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I don't mind the night racing, but i like it to remain just 1 or 2 for novelty sake.
    The day to night at Abu Dhabi is a keeper
    Bharain and Singapore should alternate each year as a night race and the other a day race.
    It would be fun to see a race in Singapore during the day. But maybe the humidity might be too much
    I've gotten very accustomed to early morning races since it doesn't interfere with the rest of my day.
    Japan and Malaysia are always a little tough for me as Saturday nights get interrupted. but hey, 2 nights in the year is quite ok.
    I just plan around those 2 weekends to go nowhere
    There is something nice about me getting up early and watching the races while my lovely woman is sleeping in bed, occasionally getting up to watch a race or 2 with me..it's become our thing
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Night or day, thatīs not the question, people live in different timezones. The question is if you like it or not.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Bahrain looks a lot better in daytime. All those sand dunes are not visible at night.