Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Petition: Get rid of all night races

Let's be honest about one thing. The only reason night races exist, and they all are in Middle East and Asia, is because Bernie wants Europeans to watch a live broadcast at the prime time. At the same time, the North American fans are normally screwed. If the races in places like Singapore or Abu Dhabi started at the normal day time, a night owl like me could watch the race on Saturday night at midnight or say 1am, depending on the time zone. And then people wonder why F1 racing is not popular in the US. It's because most of the races start at 4-7am on Sunday morning.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I'm European so I vote to keep them. Screw the rest of the world!

3. Likes: Koz (23rd September 2015)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Even as a European viewer, I like the Asian daytime races. Having to get up early on a Sunday, like for the 6AM (BST) start at Suzuka, gives the race more of a sense of occasion. Plus it really frees up the rest of the day

So does that mean I agree with Zako, because the Asian races should be at 1 or 2PM local, or I disagree with Zako because it's good for races to start at 6AM or 7AM? I can't quite work it out.

A 7AM BST start would have been perfect for Singapore - the end of the race would have matched perfectly with the start of Superbike Sunday on Eurosport, making an uninterrupted 10-hour live motorsport binge

Singapore does look pretty awesome as a night race though.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Fuck the Americans. F1 is a European product. Keep the night races.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    It was so much better when they were in the much early hours. A late, late Saturday night watching the likes of Hill, Schumacher, Hakkinen etc... Rather than getting up at 6am for today's rubbish.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

7. Likes: zako85 (22nd September 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I don't mind the Asian races as I used to set them to record and get up about 7:30-8am and start watching without the need get up early. Now with the coverage split I have lost a little interest anyway so generally catch the highlights because it takes up less of my Sunday. Even having Sky F1 has not increased my excitement. I've only watched 2 full races this year, hence why I rarely comment here any more.

In all seriousness they can put them on at any time they like, i'll still watch at my convenience.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I'm happy with them, except UAE. That tracks sucks!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Agreed. That circuit is an abomination. Maybe one day in the distant future when more money is flowing in from the rest of the world it will be the European races that will have to change their starting times.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    And then people wonder why F1 racing is not popular in the US. It's because most of the races start at 4-7am on Sunday morning.
    Is it?
    Or is it because F1 is on pay-TV?

I wouldn't care if races started at 4-7am on Sunday morning. In Australia, the Brazilian GP would be at 4-7am on Monday morning and I'd still get up for it.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

12. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd September 2015)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'll take F1 as it comes. I'm usually up at 5 am anyway.

14. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2015)