Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Felipe had nowhere to go.
    Race was ok, 7/10.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Donkey of the race goes to the promoter. Denying Vettel to take the Ferrari flag to the podium and the altercation with Ferrari mechanics. Did the wrong team win or what is that shyte all about?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I also give 7/10 to the race. More amazed by Vettel performance, was about Ricciardo's, considering the current situation at Red Bull Racing. This result came perfect to that team.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Donkey of the race goes to the promoter. Denying Vettel to take the Ferrari flag to the podium and the altercation with Ferrari mechanics. Did the wrong team win or what is that shyte all about?
    I missed that, its a bit crap, maybe they have a strict protocol for podium cermonies?

Never thought I'd say this... but its actually great to see Ferrari back at the front again, hope it continues... well... as long as they don't completely dominate again like Merc, and Red bull have.
    Last edited by Zico; 20th September 2015 at 23:18.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Good race and even as a fan of Lewis it is nice to see someone else win for a change. I really don't know how Vettel fans enjoyed dominance for so many seasons! Well done Vettel today though he took control of the weekend.

Verstappen impressed me today, what a cool driver for the future.

Great to see Hamilton upbeat despite a difficult day with his car. Hopefully the humidity played a part in many of the problems today.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    No idea what was going on there. Definitely pretty daft, but eclipsed in donkey-ness by the spectator making his way onto the track. I think that one qualifies for a lifetime burro achievement award

7. Likes: N4D13 (21st September 2015)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Did you see the NBC interview with Lewis after the race? I've never seen anybody looking so cheerful right after a mechanical retirement when he was positioned with a decent shot at the podium.

I have a theory: Lewis is cheerful because he's just realized that Vettel is now only trailing Nico by 8 points in the WDC. On the current development trajectory of Ferrari relative to Mercedes, even with the new Merc engine there's a pretty decent chance that Nico will get overhauled. Lewis' commitment to the team notwithstanding, that would make him very happy; every time a driver wins the WDC with a car seen as dominant, the charge will be thrown at them that they didn't "really" win on their own merit and "anybody would have won with that car". It's been thrown at Lewis before, Vettel many times in the RB days and at Jenson. If Nico doesn't take second place, though, that argument kind of comes off the table...

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Did you see the NBC interview with Lewis after the race? I've never seen anybody looking so cheerful right after a mechanical retirement when he was positioned with a decent shot at the podium.

I have a theory: Lewis is cheerful because he's just realized that Vettel is now only trailing Nico by 8 points in the WDC. On the current development trajectory of Ferrari relative to Mercedes, even with the new Merc engine there's a pretty decent chance that Nico will get overhauled. Lewis' commitment to the team notwithstanding, that would make him very happy; every time a driver wins the WDC with a car seen as dominant, the charge will be thrown at them that they didn't "really" win on their own merit and "anybody would have won with that car". It's been thrown at Lewis before, Vettel many times in the RB days and at Jenson. If Nico doesn't take second place, though, that argument kind of comes off the table...
    I really doubt that is why Hamilton is so cheerful. If there was a weekend that he could have chosen to retire throughout the season then I'm pretty sure he would have picked this one. By retiring this race, it means that Nico only gains 12 points versus the almost certain 25 at another track and now Vettel is in close proximity. What it does mean, should Vettel get even closer, is that Mercedes will probably have to back Lewis for the championship vs Nico otherwise they risk a 2010 scenario where Vettel may steal it again.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were the Mercedes. We'll know more in Suzuka and if this was a one of for the event and tires or if it is going to continue. I suspect it will not continue in Japan and they will be back on top, but it's no harm if Ferrari are a lot closer

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    It's been thrown at Lewis before, Vettel many times in the RB days and at Jenson. If Nico doesn't take second place, though, that argument kind of comes off the table...
    But Webber never finished 2nd to Vettel and the "anybody would have won with that car" people were still at it and one of them was Hamilton himself.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Lewis has seemed pretty chilled generally since his summer holiday. But as per BK's post, no doubt he would have been much less happy if Nico had scored 25 points.