Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O/T btcc good or bad?

just wondered if you guys out there went to the rock today and what were youe highs and lows?
    my highs: rockingham, race season, loads of people, people visiting the ovalfest stand
    my lows: leaving the track 2hr to get out-very poorly organised, people going out and passing there team passes to get another 10 people in free,
    roll on next week
    revolution racing #99 crew chief's side kick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, good to see so many people & the oval.. sorry motorfest stand. Also good to see the pickup stand. Disappointed that the opportunity to have any SCSA cars on dislay, with the exception of the 99 car hidden away at the back of the Motorfest stand.

Whatever happened, I was expecting there to be a long wait to get out & if that means because there is a lot of people at Rockingham, then I'll put up with it.

For the last race, we sat in turn 1 grandstand & I overheard somebody complaining that the Clio race was cut short. Was this due to time constraints on the racing day's finishing time?

On the whoole, a good day out that I, my son & nephew all enjoyed.
    Kerchow!
    1 winner, 42 losers.
    I eat losers for breakfast...faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning McQueen!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Clio race was curtailed due to live TV coverage of the last BTCC race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pluses: Full grandstands,The Weather, Sight of the car park almost full (brill picture from the back of the main stand)Full grids,Timing Tower working and good competitive racing with very little breaks inbetween (as at ovalfest)

Minuses:queueing to park and to get in( but I'll live with it)

Couldn't see what the problem was getting out I thought it was very well organised. Got in my car at 5.25 and was home, 5 miles south of Bedford at 6.30!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seems those traffic issues are rearing their head again, all I can say is that you should expect queues of traffic when leaving an event and I welcome anyone to come over for a chat after racing sunday instead of rushing out.
    I for one would rather have a wait to get out if it means more people attending an event and there is nothing saying that you have to leave Rockingham as soon as the last car leaves the track. Come and mingle, I will make a point of not leaving until at least 6:30pm on sunday so come and find me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uskram
    Minuses:queueing to park and to get in( but I'll live with it)

Couldn't see what the problem was getting out I thought it was very well organised. Got in my car at 5.25 and was home, 5 miles south of Bedford at 6.30!!
    I arrived at 0845 (at the back entrance gates)and the small queue was moving all the time. even getting through the ticket barrier wasn't too bad (despite them not opening 'til 09:00?). was it my imagination or were people walking from the t4 carpark to the t1 ticket entrance. was there not a gate at t4?
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was a gate at turn 4, so dont know what thats all about.

Queued from Rockingham Castle on the way in but didnt take us that long, 10 minutes extra tops. We got back to the car around 5:40 and were out, on the road, by 5:50. Talk about superb.

Back exit, ftw!
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I really enjoyed the day, the racing could have been better but the response from the BTCC fans was very good about the racing.
    So i think were spoilt after watching PUT at rockingham.

Getting out the car park wasnt too bad the problem was i couldnt find my car.
    It sits too damn low i couldn’t find it for a good 15 mins.

I think people are forgetting how terrible it is getting out of Donington far worse than Rockingham.

Anyone have any attendance numbers? my guess is 25,000 maybe 30,000 at a push.
    good luck RBR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with all of the above comments. Was great to see the place crowded again. Its been too long. I was surprised to find myself queueing to get in from 2 miles away, I had no problem leaving the car park. Probably only took about 15 minutes to get out.

They only thing I didnt like was only being able to use one tunnel to leave the paddock. The stewards were ushering everyone out of the paddocks but you could only use the one tunnel. Small gripe really.

In all I had a great day. Even saw Posh and Becks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had no problem getting out, took about 15 mins from getting in the car to going through the temporary lights on Shelton Rd. I thought how well organised it was.

I also had no problem getting through the pit tunnel, whether that was because I was in my orange marshal gear I don't know.