Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Unbelievable race.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

2. Likes: A FONDO (26th July 2015)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Kvyat's penalty makes no difference. How did he get 20+sec ahead of Ricciardo after the safety car?

Career best results for Kvyat and Verstappen today.

Vettel still only 42pts off championship lead, and 21pts off 2nd...
    Ricciardo had to pit for a new front wing after Rosberg ran into him.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Kvyat's penalty makes no difference. How did he get 20+sec ahead of Ricciardo after the safety car?
    Ricciardo pitted after the incident with Rosberg...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Didn't Rosberg ask for the harder tyre?

Both Rosberg and Hamilton made pretty big errors, without which they could have still won the race.
    exactly

he asked for them, his engineer told him the wall didn't think it was a good idea, he insisted...he lost
    all he was thinking was that he wanted the same tires as hamilton instead of looking at the big picture.
    Hamilton had to go on to the hards because he ran 2 stints on the softs already
    Nico is to blame, as well as his failed scare tactic on Ricardo that cost him valuable points

then his inability top even attempt a passing move on vettel was another epic failure
    I know the ferrari was hooked up today, but on the mediums the mercedes was more than a match.
    I can guarantee you that if hamilton was in his position, he would have at least attempted a move on vettel
    Last edited by truefan72; 26th July 2015 at 16:09.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Ric pitted to repair his wing I think
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Unbelievable race.
    Absolutely, the first one from a long time that I want to download and re-watch immediately after it ended.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    And where were Williams today?!!

EDIT: Also, an unexpected win for Ferrari, the team that Jules Bianchi had big links to (and would certainly have been announced as a 2016 driver right about now) seems fitting this weekend out of all, with Vettel also dedicating his win to the late driver.
    Last edited by rjbetty; 26th July 2015 at 16:17.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    What a great day for Mclaren? Keep believing
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th July 2015 at 16:19.

Poor Kimi, he just seems to always end up with the short end of the stick. Rosberg would be well gutted with this race today. He missed a crucial opportunity to win the race and take the lead of the championship. I wonder who's call it was to sticking with a hard tyre when the option for the faster yellow tyre was available?

Mercedes do not seem to have sorted out the glitches that has affected their race starts, more noticeable at Silverstone. They cannot afford to have such problems with a team like ferrari and Vettel right behind. They handed the race win to Ferrari today by having this problem but more so by making a bad tyre choice call for Rosberg. Being on the wrong tyre put Rosberg in the situation of the clash with Ricciado and the ultimate loss of advantage.

After pushing his stricken car to the pits yesterday, finishing 5th was a well deserved result for Alonso. There is inherent pace in the Mclaren to be unlocked in coming races.

What about Vesterpen? Wow 4th, his highest finish to date. Watch this space chaps.

If Mercedes keep having dodgy weekends like this, then one have to seriously consider Vettel as a championship contender. 42 points is not enough cushion for Hamilton to dismiss Vettel as threat. At half way point, 42 points is enough gap for Vettel to have real hope of sneaking into the fight for the championship in the 2nd half of the season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th July 2015 at 18:51.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    exactly

he asked for them, his engineer told him the wall didn't think it was a good idea, he insisted...he lost
    all he was thinking was that he wanted the same tires as hamilton instead of looking at the big picture.
    Yes I assume at the time of that conversation, Rosberg did not realise that he and Hamilton were on counter strategies. Why Rosberg's side of the garage didn't stick with the plan, I can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Yes I assume at the time of that conversation, Rosberg did not realise that he and Hamilton were on counter strategies. Why Rosberg's side of the garage didn't stick with the plan, I can't understand.
    I suppose this brings us back to question of why the Merc pit wall always cave in to driver pressure when they should know better. The have all the info and know the advantage difference of the soft tyre over the hard one. With Rosberg sitting 2nd and enough laps for the soft to get to the end of the race. You do not have to be a master tactician to see the way to go. The BBC commentators were just as surprised as everyone on this choice of tyres for Rosberg.
    This is the trait at Mercedes that leads me to believe that Vettel is a world championship contender this year. It would not be long before he slips past Rosberg in the points. With the sort of mistakes that is happening at driver and team level, we are looking at the possibility of an interesting close to the season.