Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Favourite Aesthetic Car Design?

I would like to start a discussion based solely upon which cars the forum members enjoyed the aesthetic beauty of.

It encompasses all forms of motorsport, cars which were successful, cars which were unsuccessful, cars that were revolutionary, cars that were conservative. All sorts, in effect.

To get the ball rolling, I will propose the 1981 Osella. It was a flop, as were all Osella F1 cars. There was something pleasing to my eye about its uncluttered lines.

So, please, if you will, announce your own attractions.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Any chance of a picture? .
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    I would like to start a discussion based solely upon which cars the forum members enjoyed the aesthetic beauty of.

It encompasses all forms of motorsport, cars which were successful, cars which were unsuccessful, cars that were revolutionary, cars that were conservative. All sorts, in effect.

To get the ball rolling, I will propose the 1981 Osella. It was a flop, as were all Osella F1 cars. There was something pleasing to my eye about its uncluttered lines.

So, please, if you will, announce your own attractions.
    I wouldn't have even considered the FA1 or FA1b, but looking at it especially in the white and blue Denim colours you are right.

But I have always adored the Lotus 79, simply beautiful and Lance Reventlow's Scarab

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I think that this is prettiest F1 car in the prettiest livery. It wins the all-time F1 beauty contest for my money:

And just to prove that the livery works on a Touring Car, the BMW 635i, which is also very very pretty:

Then again, I could just have a thing for black cars:

I give my age away when I suggest that this is the most purposeful looking racecar ever built:

For the realm of sports car racing, do I pick the Rothmans liveried Porsche 962, the Martini Porsche 935, the Silk Cut Jaguar, any Gulf liveried machine or Foyt's GT40? No... I pick this:
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

5. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Another beautiful GP car has to be the Brabham BT52. Possibly the most elegant looking GP car ever made

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've always thought that the sports racing cars of the 50's and 60's were the most aesthetic. Though they were well before my time, my personal favorite is the Jaguar D type, particularly the ones without the tailfin.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Jaguar-D-...llpaper_01.jpg
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've always thought that the sports racing cars of the 50's and 60's were the most aesthetic. Though they were well before my time, my personal favorite is the Jaguar D type, particularly the ones without the tailfin.

9. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the ford sierra cosworth or the bmw m3 probably the best looking cars ever used in either rallying or touring cars

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF

With a nickname like mine I'm bound to agree with you. The fin destroys the smooth lines and the long nose just doesn't have the same elegance.
    (It's a pity the picture is mirrored though.)
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    With a nickname like mine I'm bound to agree with you. The fin destroys the smooth lines and the long nose just doesn't have the same elegance.
    (It's a pity the picture is mirrored though.)
    There are a number of pictures here on this page that are not flipped: Jaguar D-Type: Description of the model, photo gallery, modifications list ... . Sorry if this pic gave anyone the impression that these cars were left hand drive.