Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austrian goat

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    McLaren. Not only they're not improving, they seem to be getting worse. They can't even use races for testing. It's interesting... I haven't seen such a flop since that team with the stupid earth livery.
    In Austria, they had major aero upgrades on ALO's car, including a new front nose. ALO was quoted as saying that they were working very well and definitely improved downforce on the car, an issue sofar.

ALO did have a lightning start and moved from 19-14 in two corners, and more than likely would have snagged RAI as well. Too bad we didn't see him finish the race.

Lets see what happens prior the summer break and in the second half of the season.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

2. Likes: journeyman racer (24th June 2015)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    In Austria, they had major aero upgrades on ALO's car, including a new front nose. ALO was quoted as saying that they were working very well and definitely improved downforce on the car, an issue sofar.

ALO did have a lightning start and moved from 19-14 in two corners, and more than likely would have snagged RAI as well. Too bad we didn't see him finish the race.

Lets see what happens prior the summer break and in the second half of the season.
    At least he was saved the embarrassment of having to save fuel form lap 10 and being overtaken left and right by everybody. I have lost hope for that engine. It seems to be really bad. How can it be so slow and and so unreliable at the same time? Honda failed miserably.Again!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Could Lewis be the goat here ?

He could have sailed off into the distance just like Nico did , by being ahead at the first corner .
    But , maybe that was the software ?

And , he might have mounted a challenge near the end had he not crossed the line , giving Nico a cheap victory after the drive-through .
    Now that's two cheap ones in a row .

One for sure goof and another likely one makes him the goat , being he was the only other guy that could challenge for the win .

Nico needs to have a quiet word , to tell Lewis to sharpen up , otherwise his trophy for winning the WDC at the end of the year will seem somewhat tarnished by having had Lewis lose it , instead of Nico winning it .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Does anyone know if Kimi has been penalised for the accident on lap 1?
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    Does anyone know if Kimi has been penalised for the accident on lap 1?
    No further action, but check out this amateur video of the crash. If anyone tagged RAI (and nobody did!), it was the RED BULL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=h5peQFW3D-I
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

7. Likes: donKey jote (24th June 2015)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Bernie Eccleston:

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...product-062015
    "I was talking to some engineers the other day and I told them that I was always pretty good at selling used cars, and I still am," Ecclestone, 84, is quoted in an interview published in French by the AFP news agency.
    "But I told them they have given me a crap product to sell," he insisted
    - Fox Sports, 20th Jun 2015

No Bernie, you've enforced a crap product on them.

Don't complain about the quality of racing when you send F1 away from countries that have 60 years of tradition behind them. Don't complain about the quality of racing when the rules lock in advantage forever. Don't complain about the quality of racing when you try to extract millions of dollarpounds from everyone.

Seems to me that the only common component of the is the greed of Bernie Eccleston.

Perhaps F1 could spend some development tokens and upgrade him to a Boris Johnson.
    I didn't no have a goat in mind. But Rollo makes a compelling case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Could Lewis be the goat here ?

He could have sailed off into the distance just like Nico did , by being ahead at the first corner .
    But , maybe that was the software ?

And , he might have mounted a challenge near the end had he not crossed the line , giving Nico a cheap victory after the drive-through .
    Now that's two cheap ones in a row .

One for sure goof and another likely one makes him the goat , being he was the only other guy that could challenge for the win .
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Nico needs to have a quiet word , to tell Lewis to sharpen up , otherwise his trophy for winning the WDC at the end of the year will seem somewhat tarnished by having had Lewis lose it , instead of Nico winning it .
    In the case of Rosberg. Since he hasn't yet won a WDC, it doesn't matter how he wins it. Win it first, then worry about the supposed "credibilty" from the fans.

Well done to Maldonardo. It takes a special kind of talent to almost crash on a straight, from your own driving.

Speaking of which. People hanging it on Kimi cos he's an easy target atm.

Quote Originally Posted by greencroft View Post
    To be fair, McLaren's time with the Peugeot engine project wasn't much better - "the engine was generally regarded as a "hand grenade" due to frequent failures in testing, qualifying and races" - sounds familiar!
    I'd say Mclaren's time with Peugeot was a fair bit better, than what they're currently experiencing.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    No.

In the case of Rosberg. Since he hasn't yet won a WDC, it doesn't matter how he wins it. Win it first, then worry about the supposed "credibilty" from the fans.
    Nice detail in your answer there .
    Good job .

He was the author of his own demise in Austria .
    Pole Merc is going to be winner more times than not this year , so he effectively gave it away .

My last comment was a wee tad tongue in cheek , by the way .

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    No further action, but check out this amateur video of the crash. If anyone tagged RAI (and nobody did!), it was the RED BULL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=h5peQFW3D-I
    I bet when Mia watches that, Alo will still be the donkey for not letting Kimi drive straight into the wall all on his own !
    United in diversity !!!

13. Likes: kfzmeister (26th June 2015),N4D13 (25th June 2015)