Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    ...As Ron Dennis said "You can't punish a team for doing a good job". It's not their fault that the other teams didn't do as good a job as they did. Honda, RBR, Renault, they were all aware of the rule changes for 2014 at the same time.

RBR could have worked with Renault instead of throwing the toys out of the pram, which probably would have been the best solution for them, except they threw the toys out of the pram.
    That's not quite true. In the past teams who were too strong have always been punished for being too good. When Williams was unbeatable by anyone but Schumacher in the 90s, their electronic gimmicks were banned. When Ferrari blew everyone into the weeds in the early naughts they were nerfed via tyre rules in 2005. Whenever Red Bull found a clever solution that the others couldn't copy or not copy good enough, they were banned. (EBD for instance). Additionally they tried to nobble them with the ridiculous 2013 tyres until things literally blew up into FIA's face at Silverstone.

So the thing is, everybody BUT Mercedes has always been punished for dominating the sport. The problem that could ultimately become fatal for F1, is that they CAN'T nobble Mercedes, because they would do the same as Red Bull and bugger off and F1 would practically implode with so many teams losing their power units. So basically, our only hope is Ferrari. If they really step up next year, we may see at least two teams fighting for wins. Else we have the choice between Pest and Cholera. Either we see F1 die of boredom or because Merc buggers off when they have their easy wins taken from them.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...iation-renault

It’s amazing really that RBR still are unable to see that clearly this situation is 100% completely of their own doing. Newey now saying that rivals are forcing them out of F1 by not supplying them with an Engine. Well, maybe they should have made sure of that before they destroyed their relationship with Renault this year. I mean, honestly, what did they expect? It amazes me how this team never ever takes responsibility for anything. I mean, I thought that with Karthikayen in Malaysia 2012 their arrogance was dumbfounding but this is just taking arrogance and fuckwittery to a level I’ve never witnessed before. Words can’t describe how much I hate RBR.

Basically what RBR are stating is the following:

Hi Mercedes, here’s €12 million or so for your engine. Now you go off and keep developing that Engine which will come to about half your budget and we then, with the same overall budget, will just pump everything into our chassis to beat you so we get the best Engine on the grid for next to nothing and get an extra €150million a year to pump into our chassis than you do.

See engine cost cap details:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120865

The arrogance of this team is just unquantifiable. They have the biggest budget of everyone and expect it all to be handed on a plate to them. This is not what F1 is about. It is about ingenuity and hard work. RBR want everything spoon fed to them. Fingers crossed they leave the sport. I’d rather that than listen to them moan and bitch about not winning anymore and they certainly shouldn’t be left get their own way based on their behavior, it’s been bang out of order.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 13th October 2015 at 12:35.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBK
    The arrogance of this team is just unquantifiable. They have the biggest budget of everyone and expect it all to be handed on a plate to them. This is not what F1 is about. It is about ingenuity and hard work. RBR want everything spoon fed to them. Fingers crossed they leave the sport. I’d rather that than listen to them moan and bitch about not winning anymore and they certainly shouldn’t be left get their own way based on their behavior, it’s been bang out of order.
    TBH it took me a long time to digest their arrogance when they were on top, and I like them even less with their constant whining now that they are closer to the mid-field. The Judge13 has, IMO an interesting opinion of their situation:
    http://thejudge13.com/2015/10/15/why...rom-the-sport/
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    TBH it took me a long time to digest their arrogance when they were on top, and I like them even less with their constant whining now that they are closer to the mid-field. The Judge13 has, IMO an interesting opinion of their situation:
    http://thejudge13.com/2015/10/15/why...rom-the-sport/
    That article pretty much sums up my opinion on this completely. They should go away quietly into the night and then we won't have to listen to them anymore hopefully.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    If RBR do go (and if they do who would really miss them?) hopefully there is a buyer who will take over and keep the team running with a new identity. They have too much that is technically good about them to loose, including 4 of the best young drivers on the grid (including STR).

Ferrari will provide them with 2015 engines, and Ferrari say that this is because they don't have the capacity to provide 4 sets of '16 specs, and since RBR is the last team in they get the old engines. RBR need to accept this compromise for a season and make a better deal for '17. Every team goes through phases like this and emerge stronger from the other side (just look at what McLaren are going through). RBR basically need to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats and get their heads down and do some work.