Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Red Bull hit out at Renault - again

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...continue-in-f1

These Red Bull guys would want a good kick up the hole. Imagine being a newcomer to the sport and witnessing this kind of behaviour. People may think Red Bull's involvement in F1 may have been good for the sport but, I for one, can't wait for these sore losers to fuck right off from the sport.

Renault is their partner and, obviously, they haven't done a good enough job but this kind of public bashing doesn't help anyone. If Renault leave the sport it will be because of Red Bull's behaviour not due to Lack of engine tokens as Horner has suggested.

I've never seen a more perfect case of throwing the toys out of the pram because you're not winning anymore than this.

2. Likes: Duncan (8th September 2015),rjbetty (7th July 2015)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "Hello , this is Red Bull calling . We're looking for a new engine supplier ."

"Hello ....hello ....?
    "Hey guys . Can you work on the phones here ? I can't seem to get a line out ."

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Red Bull won championships with Renault from 2010 to 2013. Now their car sucks and they can't wait to place the blame on someone else. Trouble is, they wouldn't be anywhere near the podium with a Merc engine either, but it's just too convenient to have Renault as their scapegoat.

5. Likes: truefan72 (19th June 2015)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I'd prefer RB to just go away, if it bothers them that much. Renault can stay, regardless of how ordinary they are.

7. Likes: truefan72 (19th June 2015)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    I'd prefer RB to just go away, if it bothers them that much. Renault can stay, regardless of how ordinary they are.
    agree completely
    with a tiny bit better reliability the Torro rosso cars would completely outclass the RBR's and be further up the grid. To me it just proves that despite Renault's troubles. they are probably the least of RBR's worries. I bet you if you stick that renault engine in the mercs or ferrari, they will still be fighting for the podium.

RBR has produced a stinker of a car and their arrogance simply won;t allow them to acknowledge the truth. And worse yet by doing so, not address the fundamental problems with their car.
    Adrian Newy may be a genius aero guy, but he has also produced some of the most unreliable cars in history as well. I bet the overall packaging (and tightness) is the larger culprit.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Red Bull won championships with Renault from 2010 to 2013. Now their car sucks and they can't wait to place the blame on someone else. Trouble is, they wouldn't be anywhere near the podium with a Merc engine either, but it's just too convenient to have Renault as their scapegoat.
    it is becoming ridiculous. To me it is as if williams or Force IndiA started complaining about the Mercedes engine because they are not winning races or have fallen back a bit this year. Obviously it is more than the engine, but RBR can't/won't acknowledge that fact.
    Last edited by truefan72; 20th June 2015 at 15:06.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I'm gonna side with RB a little bit here.

I'm not sure why Renault has such issues. They are, like Merc and Ferrari, in their second year with the V6.

Williams and Lotus have both already left Renault and both have upper their pace. RB continues to fall back.
    It's not quite the middle of the season yet, and RB already are on their 5th engine! I realize that reliability is also affected by aero design (read cooling).

Something of interest to me is the amount of tokens that i read are still available to engine manufacturers as of late:

Merc, Ferrari and Honda all have 7 each left, while Renault still have 12. My question is why are they still sitting on that amount of tokens and have not used them up to increase performance and/ or reliability?

I wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes than we know. For instance, is Renault trying to achieve a split? Have relations between the two been damaged to the point of no return? We know that the business of F1 can be about huge egos.
    Last edited by kfzmeister; 20th June 2015 at 05:46. Reason: Spelling :-)
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

11. Likes: N4D13 (20th June 2015)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    kfzmeister, no one is denying that Renault screwed up, which necessarily means that they've made some bad calls. What is being questioned here is RBR's legitimacy to harshly criticize Renault in public instead of making an effort to help them behind the scenes, give an image of teamwork and basically not being sore losers and throwing their toys out of the pram whenever things don't go their way.

13. Likes: truefan72 (20th June 2015)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    To be honest, I am somewhat surprised by such public spat between RBR and Renault. How credible are RBR's threats? Realistically, what options does RBR have, other than Dietrich Mateschitz selling off the team? RBR racing with a "spec-B" Mercedes or Ferrari engine is going to be a sub-optimal option because those manufacturers have a vested interest in not allowing RBR to be in front of the factory car. So either RBR gets a "crippled" engine or none at all from them. The other option is the Honda engine, which is by now clearly beyond hopeless. So RBR's best option IMHO is to stick with Renault and have patience until Renault catches up with the best engines.

15. Likes: truefan72 (20th June 2015)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    RBR racing with a "spec-B" Mercedes or Ferrari engine is going to be a sub-optimal option because those manufacturers have a vested interest in not allowing RBR to be in front of the factory car. So either RBR gets a "crippled" engine or none at all from them.
    Toto Wolff has been asked by an Austrian newspaper if Mercedes would provide engines for RBR and he answered "No, not as long as I'm here. We invest a lot of money and energy in our success, so we won't give our engine to a big competitor."
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.