Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Have some people on here never watched a rally before? You don't decide your end result by adding together what position you were in on each stage.

After all the stages the stopwatch had Elfyn in second - so, in a rally where everyone had equal conditions, how does he not deserve to finish second?

I want him to do well but I'm not some blinkered Evans apologist. I don't think he's impressed much at all during his WRC career and I have been critical of him - but I'll say what I said the other day - let's give credit where it's due.

You can't start adding on stages that didn't exist and you can't predict what would happen in them and brand that as 'fact'. There's no reason why Evans couldn't have put time into, or at least matched Latvala, in those horrendous conditions on Friday. But those stages never ran so we have what we have.
    Completely agree with You. I'm not that over-hyped by his performance here either, but I have to admit that he achieved a lot on friday in these difficult conditions, something VW drivers just survived. That counts for something in my book. However he has lot of work to do more....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Can those cheaters and scammers quit soon enough?Bring us real rallying please...

Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    What is happening with Kubica's car is total mystery for me and it seems for him too
    He revealed he bought NEW engine from this rally, and it is already breaking down after 200km of driving....

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Latvala is just natural born loser... he can win events but not championships.

another failed project like Hirvonen brought to you by none other than the finish manager system.. producing failures since 2003.. ask your local manager for a brochure on our great services and products.
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    I hardly ever agree with NOT, but this time I have to. The great manager has not produced since Tommi Mäkinen. What he has achieved, is to block other finnish talents route to WRC.
    First of all, Jari-Matti Latvala is the best Finnish driver available to the WRC. Esapekka Lappi (as well as a few others in WRC2 or JWRC) aren't mature enough to earn a full-time seat with any of the current manufacturers. So who should replace him when there's no one to do so?

Being the world's second best driver and still being labeled a "loser" is astounding. If we were to apply such flawed (and much too simplified) logic to the rest of the WRC field, they are all losers. Surely, according to this logic, they must be, because Latvala is (and has been for a long time) second in the standings. Using this flawed logic, every rally is "Ogier vs. all the losers". What an appealing way to view the pinnacle of our beloved sport...

No one is "blocking" Finnish drivers from entering the WRC because of Latvala's presence herein. It might have quite the opposite effect, even; Latvala's presence is a boost to the remainder of the Finnish field. An example: If you were Capito, Matton, Wilson or Nandan, how much faith would you have in Finnish drivers in general if there wasn't even a Finnish driver in the Championship to begin with?

The following shouldn't be earth-shattering, revolutionary news, but I fear it might be: There's more to being a "winner" or a "loser" than mere stats and figures. Yes, Ogier is at the top of the standings. He's been there for a long time and he'll continue to be there for a long time. But mixed in with his plain arrogance, unsportsmanlike attitude and lack of maturity, is he really a winner? Or is he at least more a winner than the is a bad loser?

Then there's Jari-Matti, arguably the most professional and 'rally-minded' of all drivers in the WRC. He discussed tyre strategy with Hayden Paddon at Rally Sardegna when the talented but in-experienced Kiwi was running ahead of the field. He's the first to congratulate his teammates when they beat him. He'll always take time to answer any post-stage questions and sign autographs and he'll be polite, articulate and ooze rallying passion. He'll even enter Historic Rallies such as the ones of Finland and Estonia despite these not having a huge following - but he does it for the passion of the sport.

He's the type of driver every child with a passion for rallying should look up to and want to emulate, not only because of how he is on the special stages, but (perhaps more importantly) how he is outside of them.

As I mentioned, there's more to being a winner than the points total next to your name. And therefore it wouldn't be erroneous to consider Jari-Matti the biggest winner in the WRC.

6. Likes: 6789 (5th October 2015),AL14 (4th October 2015),DonJippo (5th October 2015),itix (5th October 2015),janvanvurpa (4th October 2015),Jeppe (5th October 2015),JTGANG (4th October 2015),KiwiRallyFan (5th October 2015),Munkvy (4th October 2015),Rallyper (4th October 2015),raybak (5th October 2015),skarderud (4th October 2015)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    There isn't French rising star either at the moment. Loeb & Ogier are phenomenon, but they have their time. Empty anti-Finns words, don't bother.

"O tempora o mores"
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    the battle for the first non-VW driver in the standings is really tight now.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rally ace. Great post. Jari-Matti just oozes passion for the sport. Take that over results. A person I would enjoy a meal with, can't say I have the same feeling for Sebastian.
    Robbo

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Rally ace. Great post. Jari-Matti just oozes passion for the sport. Take that over results. A person I would enjoy a meal with, can't say I have the same feeling for Sebastian.
    And he is also an example for never giving up, even when you have to face the best of the best and even after so many big disappontments that I'm sure would have hit very hard many other drivers. But he is still there and still believe in himself.
    Last edited by AL14; 4th October 2015 at 21:12.

11. Likes: Toyoda (4th October 2015)
    Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Sure that our video from the 2003 edition, will be lovely to be reviewed.

Here I post our video! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqgaCZlzE-Q
    Catalonia