Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Next GP in Spielberg, Austria

Hello everybody,

I am in the lucky situation of getting unexpected free tickets for the GP in Austria next week! A friend of mine was planning to go there but unfortunately will not make it. I will fly there from London and have just booked the flight to Vienna. I will arrive quite late so think that I should stay there and than head on Friday to Spielberg :-)

I visited a couple of times the GP in Sliverstone but actually never went to Austria. So it will be new for me and I cannot wait to go there! Can anyone with experience give me suggestions what I do have to keep in mind when I visit Austria? Furthermore I would like to stay at a place close to the track??

Cannot wait to go there and see my idol Lewis Hamilton win his next big thing !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Frank,

maybe this video give you some background infos :-)

https://vimeo.com/98964240

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_haun View Post
    Hello everybody,

I visited a couple of times the GP in Sliverstone but actually never went to Austria. So it will be new for me and I cannot wait to go there! Can anyone with experience give me suggestions what I do have to keep in mind when I visit Austria? Furthermore I would like to stay at a place close to the track??
    I'm afraid you're way too late for that - all places within a one-hour-radius of the track have been booked out months ago (there are no major cities in the vicinity). Your best bet probably is the city of Graz, which is around 80 minutes by train or car from Spielberg (the closest railway stations are Zeltweg or Knittelfeld, from where there is a bus shuttle Service to the track).

You might want to check out https://www.projekt-spielberg.com/en/formula-1/ which has a lot of information on the event.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

4. Likes: truefan72 (15th June 2015)