Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts

Wales rally gb 2015

Just wondering if anyone body knows the area the rally will run in this year?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    same as last year.

3. Likes: christy but (27th May 2015)
    thank you

Liked 214 Times in 113 Posts

6. Likes: christy but (28th May 2015)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Urgh, three days. I know, to be expected, but I was holding some hope for Thursday night stages again.
    aka Rodger Davies

Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    thanks

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    Statement:
    This year, however, we are putting much greater emphasis on giving the spectators a great experience and managing their safety, particularly in the open environment of the forests. Going through the stages was really helpful and we are starting to put together some exciting plans for November."

Translation:
    We will limit the number of spectator stages following last year's successful experiment and ensure that, where they are allowed, the cattle are correctly herded into pens where the view is abysmal. We might be able to increase the cost by small margins and blame the weakness of the Euro.
    We will have a meaningless drive out to Llandudno on Thursday night, but not use the Great Orme, taking up time that could be better spent in competitive action.

Thank god I'm getting my fix in Sardinia and Germany this year - If the 'exciting plans' announced at the end of May (not long now!) are as underwhelming as I fear then maybe Spain too!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

10. Likes: AndyRAC (29th May 2015),dodge33cymru (29th May 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (29th May 2015)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Statement:
    This year, however, we are putting much greater emphasis on giving the spectators a great experience and managing their safety, particularly in the open environment of the forests. Going through the stages was really helpful and we are starting to put together some exciting plans for November."

Translation:
    We will limit the number of spectator stages following last year's successful experiment and ensure that, where they are allowed, the cattle are correctly herded into pens where the view is abysmal. We might be able to increase the cost by small margins and blame the weakness of the Euro.
    We will have a meaningless drive out to Llandudno on Thursday night, but not use the Great Orme, taking up time that could be better spent in competitive action.

Thank god I'm getting my fix in Sardinia and Germany this year - If the 'exciting plans' announced at the end of May (not long now!) are as underwhelming as I fear then maybe Spain too!
    I think the more accurate translation would be:
    'following so many fatal accidents in rallying in the UK in the last 12 months, and a very serious review by a government body, we have to do everything possible in our power and keep everything nice and easily manageable to make sure nothing happens for a while that could lead to the sport being banned in the UK'.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I think the more accurate translation would be:
    'following so many fatal accidents in rallying in the UK in the last 12 months, and a very serious review by a government body, we have to do everything possible in our power and keep everything nice and easily manageable to make sure nothing happens for a while that could lead to the sport being banned in the UK'.
    Nice try, and while all deaths are tragic 'so many' is actually hyperbole. I relation to the daily death toll on the roads they represent a minor contribution to automobile-related fatalities and infinitesimally small compared to the number of people suffering fatal heart attacks during marathons. I don't see any public clamour to ban running. As usual over-reaction by people who have a badly-formed view of the risk-tolerability balance will cause the baby to be thrown out with the bath water.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fear that UK rallying is about to be so emasculated that it isn't worth bothering, certainly not at the expense (held at the most costly level for all European events for the last 2 years!)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

13. Likes: 306 Cosworth (1st June 2015),AndyRAC (29th May 2015)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Nice try, and while all deaths are tragic 'so many' is actually hyperbole. I relation to the daily death toll on the roads they represent a minor contribution to automobile-related fatalities and infinitesimally small compared to the number of people suffering fatal heart attacks during marathons. I don't see any public clamour to ban running. As usual over-reaction by people who have a badly-formed view of the risk-tolerability balance will cause the baby to be thrown out with the bath water.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fear that UK rallying is about to be so emasculated that it isn't worth bothering, certainly not at the expense (held at the most costly level for all European events for the last 2 years!)
    How many spectators have died watching a marathon?

How many spectators have died at any sporting event that you can name? How about any sporting event, anywhere in Europe in the last 5 years?

Your view is naive and narrowminded to say the least. Take some time - educate yourself.

http://www.gov.scot/About/Review/mot...-review/Papers

You think the MSA is going to take any risks at an event that they own to pander your individual, simplistic golden view of some past era?