Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    If Matton is stupid enough to ditch Meeke, Malcolm Wilson will surely give Meeke a drive at Msport. MW said earlier in the year he's getting "disheartened" turning up at rallies knowing his drivers cant even compete for wins. And Meeke is only driver that has the pace to challenge the VWs on certain events. IMO if Meeke was in the VW he would be Ogiers biggest challenger throughout the year for wins.

Both Msport drivers dont deserve to stay on, but then again nobody else has shown they deserve to take Tanaks or Evans' place. Maybe MW will have to take a big gamble on a young gun...

Does anyone think Citroen or Ford might take a punt on Abbring, even if just for selected rounds?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    I think Meeke and Ostberg will still both be in WRC but I would rather see Meeke stay at Citroen and Ostberg move to Ford.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Yes right.

If Matton say bye bye to Meeke, Wilson is ready for a welcome. I really don't know with which driver Citroen wants to replace him to be honest. So we will have to wait...
    Fiesta would not help Meeke to improve his performances but at least he will remain in the circus as he deserves.
    I fear Tanak will lose his place. Afterall Evans took two podiums and improved the amount of points of last year. Also if you have Meeke you need some consistent driver to complete the team and Tanak is not one of them.

3. Likes: irish_tiger (15th November 2015)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Also if you have Meeke you need some consistent driver to complete the team and Tanak is not one of them.
    Loeb? Or more seriously, Sordo?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Evans is quick and seems capable of regularly finishing events, the problem for Ford isn't down to the drivers but that the car simply isn't anywhere near as good as the factory entries. M-Sport just don't have the budget to test a car as thoroughly as both Citroen and VW do....even Hyundai spent a good amount of time developing theirs.

For me Tanak is probably the driver, from all teams, who should be most at risk...but the sport works on more than just a pace/consistency basis.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Looks like a problem for Camilli so Suninen wins WRC2 in old Fabia S2000!
    Could well be the last victory for the car on international level. Nice
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: stefanvv (15th November 2015)
    Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts
    Neuville was working as a consultant for Belgian TV during the Power Stage. He said he was not expecting many changes in the line-ups for 2016.
    2017 will be a different story, Neuville said.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Shag, I do happen to have a couple of national titles to my name and have competed Internationally as a driver, as engineer and as a team manager. Then there is the motor racing side to my activities. And yes, I have even organised an event or two.

Your move.
    Why are you ashamed to post your name?
    I put my name up.

THAT was the first move.
    Second;
    Why repeat --since you are whoever the f**k you are-----

a message which I can't decide which it is more of: airheaded or contemptuous?
    Give ya a hint: some guy zoomz around on some skinny ass roads---and comes second by less than 1/4 of 1% of the speed of the other guy who was first...I'm not going to call him a loser.
    Or a "looser" whatever the hell that is.

Especially knowing my own modest results...
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 15th November 2015 at 15:32.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    The season is over !!! Time for a celebratory dance for the Champions and the failures of 2016

I really liked the development of Paddon this season if he keeps this up and improve A LOT on tarmac he can challenge for wins when Ogier retires... Other than that it was business as usual for the rest of the field... Latvala and Meeke broke under pressure, Kubicas car did not let him win every stage and every rally as his dogs proclaimed, Wilson became richer, and Ogier gave all the little kids a ride to rally school.

11. Likes: Aquagen (15th November 2015)
    Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Kubicas car did not let him win every stage and every rally as his dogs proclaimed
    I would like to see that proclamations.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    So, spectators in the middle of the road at SS1 were probably foreigners and a bad placed log is a natural part of the scenery...come on!

For safety reasons, I've seen on other WRC events people obliged to move their cars parked further from the road than that forgotten log, and SS delayed or canceled because of spectators behavior. It seems that in GB Rally security standards are much more permissible...

Probably, "if" it was Meeke instead of Neuville all british rally fans were now asking why on earth wasn't that log removed..
    The people stood in stupid places (it hasn't been confined to SS1) could be any nationality so not sure what you're getting at there. I've seen plenty of British people being idiots, and it's not just the 'one event a year' lot either. I fully agree that stages should have been at risk from where some people were stood, the love TV stage yesterday had some people in crazy positions. What I would say though is that it was nearly as bad as some of the jumps in Poland.

As for the log, Rally GB is run through forests where trees at felled, so to my mind it's an understandable hazard. However regardless of that it's something that was in place during the recce and should be noted. It's not a car that was moved there between recce and stage, so the crews should have been aware of it. Do you want organisers of the rougher gravel rallies to remove all the big rocks from beside the stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.