Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Can anyone tell me how to change the co-driver voice from Jen Horsey to Nicky Grist on PS4? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to change the co-driver voice from Jen Horsey to Nicky Grist on PS4? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    You can do it in your team setup.

Really enjoying the Welsh stages, some great elevation changes.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    I am so disappointed with the game i am ready to ask for refund.100% physics is miles off.
    Not to mention the tracks are not as constricted as DR for ease of use. Like it or not this is a mass market game. DR sold well, but many dropped it quickly due to it's steep curve. D4 allows a much wider audience.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Love some of the Spanish stages, really nice flow to them. Thankfully don't seem to be getting as ruined by 'rogue' bumps that send the car airborne either.
    Music to my ears. Tarmac is my favourite so I'm eager to try it out. I'm away from my computer for the summer so I can only just wait to try it out.

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    After spending some more hours on it, i highly not recommend to buy dirt4, specially for them who liked dirt Rally, the car behaviour is just a mess on gravel, the cars fly through the bends like on rails, no chance to get them oversteer except pulling the handbrake, sometimes the car gets unstable on braking though, and then you have no chance to catch the car, no matter what you do...

regarding stages: at the beginning they looked not bad, but soon i realized that in one stage some exact same sections appears two or even three times, even the normal career stages are not designed, they are all generated...

Itīs for sure the last time I preorder a game just because the developers promise superb physiks and great stages...I really canīt imagine WRC7 can be worse than that...

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Fascinating to read so many conflicting opinions about the game. I'm on the simulation handling mode.

Haven't sampled too many cars, the Lancer Evo X was fun to drive on Michigan, on tarmac I find it a bit odd. Although I can't recall any rally game that nailed down the feeling for me (I have never driven a rally car).

I have to agree with Adler on the stages, at first the routes are nice (although I find the space of the call outs very inconsistent, especially on Wales), but after some stages you realize that everything has a pattern. The exact same combination of corners appear in Spain, the forest to fields transition has maximum 4 or so available combination in Wales, etc. Very repetitive, fortunately, the time of day effects can mix up things a bit, but altogether a huge let-down. I just played a bit of DiRT Rally a week ago, and the variety of the Greek stages are superb in contrast to DiRT4.

I can't recommend the game at full price if you have DiRT Rally. The 5 locations for rally racing is not so many, and the random stage generator can't do wonders. The graphics are okay, but not a step-up from previous games from Codemasters. I hope it's the swan song of the current EVO engine and it gets a proper update, maybe a complete rewrite with DX12.

Why there's no rally game with proper tarmac stages - Spain is very smooth IMHO. It would be great to drive Ypres, Barum, etc.
    Last edited by [RMC]Pip; 12th June 2017 at 14:14. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    no chance to get them oversteer except pulling the handbrake
    You must have a different driving style to me, I had a go in the Ascona and could barely get it straight. Thought the Quattro E2 was great too.

Probably agree that the front is easier to guide but I think people have been a bit reactionary to the handling switch. It handles differently for sure, but I'm not sure I agree that it's less real. Rallycross is a definite improvement too, the AI is more realistic and run much closer together rather than being spread out.

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    [QUOTE=MrJan;1142090]You must have a different driving style to me, I had a go in the Ascona and could barely get it straight. Thought the Quattro E2 was great too.
    QUOTE]

I didnīt try any RWD or historic car so far to be honest, and rallycross is just a nice addition to me, maybe Iīll try it later.

What I realized yesterday is that the default settings are a joke and you can make a big improvement in car behaviour by changing them. I drove a 208T16 in wales and after some changings the car felt a lot better for me, not really good or realistic, but better, and finally it was some fun to drive...I tried the same with the Fiesta R5 and it worked the same way (the Fiesta is although slightly better with default settings already)...

What still remains is the poor force Feedback (G29)and the very often repeating stage sections, probably Iīll jump back to dirt Rally soon...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to say that I am very disappointed with the Simulation-Mode. It's way easier than Dirt Rally, feels more like a train simulator. I heard a lot of complains around, lets hope the devs will listen and try to fix the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    I didnīt try any RWD or historic car so far to be honest, and rallycross is just a nice addition to me, maybe Iīll try it later.
    I'm the other way, I spend most of my time on RX. I still don't mind the handling, it's more predictable which to my mind is more real, certainly on tarmac. Although that partly could be because I'm driving more carefully as I can't learn any of the parts of the stage.

Agree that there seem to be familiar sections on stages but I don't mind that too much, especially as I think the pacenotes are good. Not sure I like the hairpins though, too many of them are really just a long 2.