Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

BTCC 2015 Rounds 4-6: Donington Park

Time, belatedly, to start a thread for today's BTCC races. Good race one, I thought — some very clean battling in places, even if the field became rather strung out. Plato looked to be in a class of his own. Terrific job by the Power Maxed Chevrolets to qualify and race so well, a credit not just to the team as it stands, but also Chris Stockton and BTC Racing for putting the groundwork in place. Collard's drive was mighty, but Jack Goff's last corner pass on him was a superb bit of racecraft. Goff looks far racier in the MG than does Jordan. And, again, I must say that Derek Palmer's doing a pretty good job in the Infiniti. I thought he'd be right at the back of the field, but he's not.

A shame again, though, that the soft-tyred runners such as Neal and Cook fell back so dramatically. It really does add little to my enjoyment of the racing when good drivers in otherwise quick cars simply become sitting ducks.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Goodness, race three was dramatic. Shame Neal was up to his old tricks when he passed Jordan. I wonder whether the stewards will take action. What Aron Smith was doing trying to get across Josh Cook's bows I've no idea; a pity for Cook, who really looks capable of being a front-runner. Likewise for Collard to be so hobbled by the tyre lottery.

It was, incidentally, good to see the two Eurotech Civics nearer the pace. Martin Depper's result was excellent — for the first time, he seemed really competitive.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I'm still ticked off that we get no tv coverage in South Africa for the BTCC but yes it has been a great start to the season. Looking forward to watching these races online hopefully over the next few days.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Interesting that it seems like you can have one rubbish race each weekend but get 2 right with decent results and you're in with a shout. If someone gets 3 races right in a day they may be smiling.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D View Post
    Interesting that it seems like you can have one rubbish race each weekend but get 2 right with decent results and you're in with a shout. If someone gets 3 races right in a day they may be smiling.
    I'll send you a link I use from Oz, not live but I get all 3 races within 24hrs normally

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I've just watched Race 3 from Donington and wow! What a race!

One of the best touring car races I can remember. Right up there with Donington 98!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!