Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

2015 Bahrain GP Thread

I have no time to do my intro's anymore , but still need to get this thread open.

So it seems as though the front of F1 will be quite predictable this season.

Mercedes 1-2 mostly with Lewis beating Nico

Then Ferrari's 3-4 with Seb largely beating Kimi

Then Williams not fast enough to catch ahead, but too fast for the rest.

Then unpredictable racing from 7th downwards.

Lets see if I am wrong
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Bahrain is a race held in hot conditions, so perhaps Ferrari has a better chance of toppling Mercedes than in China.

Other than that, yeah... Let's see if Renault engines last to the end. Verstappen has been running in top 8 positions in every race so far, but twice retired with a blown engine.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    No need to set the alarm clock for this one (not for us Europeans anyway)

Friday 17 April
    Free practice 1 starts: BST 12:00 PM, CEST 1:00 PM, local 2:00 PM
    Free practice 2 starts: BST 4:00 PM, CEST 5:00 PM, local 6:00 PM
    Saturday 18 April
    Free practice 3 starts: BST 1:00 PM, CEST 2:00 PM, local 3:00 PM
    Qualifying starts: BST 4:00 PM, CEST 5:00 PM, local 6:00 PM
    Sunday 19 April
    Race starts: BST 4:00 PM, CEST 5:00 PM, local 6:00 PM

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Bahrain is a race held in hot conditions, so perhaps Ferrari has a better chance of toppling Mercedes than in China.

Other than that, yeah... Let's see if Renault engines last to the end. Verstappen has been running in top 8 positions in every race so far, but twice retired with a blown engine.
    Except this is a night race bro. I have a suspicion that the gap between Mercedes, and Ferrari will actually be larger here. One thing Mercedes has is great exit speed out of slower corners, and this track has a got a whole slug of them. Of course Seb excels at this track, and humbly suggest, that he may well continue to give Kimi a beat-down.
    Last edited by Tazio; 15th April 2015 at 16:09.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Except this is a night race bro. :
    Ok, I forgot about that. So Merc for the win.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If last year was the platform then we should be in for a corker of a race between the mercs but I think that Rosberg crack under the pressure and Lewis will take the win but thats if the race is clean for either driver if not then the Ferraris will pounce.
    Regular news updates, race reviews and previews as well as FAQs at http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Sadly can't see it being an epic like last year.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    The winning margins have been thin, and no driver or car has really dominated the track. Combined with still being a warm track, and Sebastian and Kimi in the Ferrari's, and I think we could have a real race on our hands. It's not a race where the pole to win ratio is really high, but I don't think anyone has won the race from very far back either.

Kimi is due. I think he has more podiums than any other at the track, but no wins..... yet.

9. Likes: Mia 01 (17th April 2015)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield5
    L Hamilton S Vettel N Rosberg K Raikkonen V Bottas F Nasr M Verstappen F Alonso
    Hey Annie' I see you have picked Fred to finish in the top 8 in the pick'ems contest.

Even though he ,managed to finish the race in China with massive data transfer failure, (fuel flow sensors) I don't really think it affected his race much. This is a little too optimistic. I don't think they have a chance to break into the top 8 until they have the B-spec engine that they are bringing to Spain, and then they are going to have to get the gremlins out of that unit. With some unexpectedly high attrition McZo could grab a point, but even that would take a minor miracle. At any rate good luck, and I may be able to benefit from your play, or vice versa in knocking aki' down a rung
    Quote Originally Posted by Airkimster
    Kimi is due
    I agree, in fact I think he is overdue, but that may have more to do with his craft diminishing a tad in the last couple seasons. The car suits him, but Seb will beat him down again. I wonder who Kimi will go curmudgeon on this weekend, in venting his frustration???? Sorry!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Hey Annie' I see you have picked Fred to finish in the top 8 in the pick'ems contest.

Even though he ,managed to finish the race in China with massive data transfer failure, (fuel flow sensors) I don't really think it affected his race much. This is a little too optimistic. I don't think they have a chance to break into the top 8 until they have the B-spec engine that they are bringing to Spain, and then they are going to have to get the gremlins out of that unit. With some unexpectedly high attrition McZo could grab a point, but even that would take a minor miracle. At any rate good luck, and I may be able to benefit from your play, or vice versa in knocking aki' down a rung
    I agree, in fact I think he is overdue, but that may have more to do with his craft diminishing a tad in the last couple seasons. The car suits him, but Seb will beat him down again. I wonder who Kimi will go curmudgeon on this weekend, in venting his frustration???? Sorry!
    Seems that after all the smack talk, you are doubting someone trying to have faith in Alonso. But that's ok.... you keep beating the drum, but remind me....

Who is Ferrari's last WDC title holder? And where will he finish the race compared to the guy that didn't get one?

12. Likes: Mia 01 (17th April 2015)