Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Too many silver cars

It's going to take me some time to learn distinguish between Force India and McLaren.

2. Likes: kfzmeister (1st April 2015)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    McLaren
    Swap the boring silver and black for red and white. It's a colour scheme that suits both McLaren and Honda and should be immediately recognisable.

Force India
    Again, lose the silver and black. There's no link to India in those colours and if you're going to name your team after a country you better have something that links you to that country. India's sporting colour is pale blue and the flag is orange, white and green. That's a combination that could look great if done correctly.

Broadening the discussion from just silver....

Ferrari
    Rosso corsa please (with black wings preferably).

Red Bull
    Lose the 'Red Bull' on the monocoque, it's too busy. Actually the whole design is too messy for my taste.

Sauber
    Simple but effective. I love the big numbers.

Williams
    Maybe try an emphasize the Martini stripes but easily the best Williams livery since the early '90's.

Torro Rosso
    Lose the cartoon bull on the engine cover but pretty good despite that.

Mercedes
    I have never liked the Petronas turquoise/aqua so I'd prefer straight silver with large red numbers.

Lotus
    The black and gold is good and I think they've done themselves a favour by no longer trying to copy the JPS livery. Lose the red.

Manor
    Nothing to see here. Very dull. They should go back to the early Virgin liveries.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    McLaren
    Swap the boring silver and black for red and white. It's a colour scheme that suits both McLaren and Honda and should be immediately recognisable.
    Honda have been on red and white cars, blue and yellow and white cars, all yellow cars, etc. I don't think that Honda are particularly worried about what colours of cars, their engines go into.

McLaren though...

they should be orange.

Running a Silberpfeil livery is madness.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I did notice that when I was watching the race on Sunday - didn't help that I was watching on a 4.7" screen, but it did seem that the majority of the cars were a washed out dirty grey colour.

Indeed watching the 1996 race last night one of the best things was McLarens red and white - no reason they can't go back to that! Their silver just looks dull on TV. They don't need to go red and white, the orange would look awesome.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    McLaren is dull. Orange and Black livery is the way to go...even if they extend the red lining to the back of the car that might make a huge difference to the current dull look.
    FI is a mess. Complete black with the tri-colour on it might look good rather than the silver on the sides.

Sauber is the biggest change and the best imo. They used to have pretty boring liveries but this brighter blue and yellow looks good.

too much silver indeed.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, I guess this won't earn me many friends, but I actually think that the Sauber looks dreadful. I agree with some, if not most, of the previous remarks, but certainly not on the blue and yellow cars.

8. Likes: anfield5 (31st March 2015)
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The Sauber looks like the type of livery you see on a Formula Ford, not a state of the art F1 team.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Very hard to set the Mac and Force India apart from distance.

I teally hope Mac and Honda will change the livery soon

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Well, I guess this won't earn me many friends, but I actually think that the Sauber looks dreadful. I agree with some, if not most, of the previous remarks, but certainly not on the blue and yellow cars.
    Agreed. For some reason it looks like a GP2 or GP3 car. I don't mind the colours and if the yellow was extended and taperes across the top of the sidepods and around the back of the airbox it would look ko. As it is it looks like a blue car with a couple of yellow stickers slapped on the sides.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Kinda like the cricket world cup, with half of all of the teams turning up in blue???