Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC Engines

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

WRC Engines

Please post and discuss any information you have about WRC engines. Dyno sheets, specs, pictures, videos, sound clips, etc.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouKayne View Post
    Please post and discuss any information you have about WRC engines. Dyno sheets, specs, pictures, videos, sound clips, etc.
    Why don't you start by copying and pasting the relevant sections of the FIA rule book...

An awful lot of why they are what they are is all right in those regs.
    IE the limitations...
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 9th March 2015 at 22:00.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Why don't you start by copying and pasting the relevant sections of the FIA rule book...

An awful lot of why they are what they are is all right in those regs.
    IE the limitations...

So your trying to tell me every WRC engine is singly describe by one set of rule (i.e. Limitations). Every manufacture has their own take on the engine regulations that why you see VW dominating because their engine is much strong than the rest. The formula one has limitations like the WRC and I don't see Renault and Mercedes with the same engines, likewise with Citroen, M-Sport, VW, Etc. The 2007 Subaru WRC 2.0L boxer looks, sounds and performs just like the Citroen C4 WRC 2.0L I4...... I don't think so.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    so you basically want an engineer from the teams to give you some classified information about their engines...

hmmmmm....

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    No, I'm sure theirs lots of older WRC cars that have been bought by people like you and me (privateers) and they might be on this forum. Or a least someone on the forum might know someone in this position and have access to some info.

Buying a WRC isn't that hard but you just need money. http://www.rallycarsforsale.net

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No, I'm sure theirs lots of older WRC cars that have been bought by people like you and me (privateers) and they might be on this forum. Or a least someone on the forum might know someone in this position and have access to some info.

Buying a WRC isn't that hard but you just need money. http://www.rallycarsforsale.net
    even if you buy a wrc, i doubt any engine mechanic would share ECU info publicly...

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    even if you buy a wrc, i doubt any engine mechanic would share ECU info publicly...
    Are you and engine mechanic that owns or works on a old world rally car?

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    The old cars are not so secret anymore. The problem often is that with different dyno owners you sometimes get different results so it might not be fully comparable one to another. Last 2007 Fabia WRC had some 340 Hp at 5500 rpm and 640 Nm approximately at 2500 rpm. Especially torque-wise the 20V was already an obsolete engine and I believe the best were already around 750 Nm, later definitely over 800 Nm. 2002 Octavia WRC had some 320 Hp at 5500 and around 600 Nm around 3000 rpm. I was once told that late Corolla WRC had 325 Hp and 610 Nm.
    Last edited by Mirek; 10th March 2015 at 14:58.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    So your trying to tell me every WRC engine is singly describe by one set of rule (i.e. Limitations). Every manufacture has their own take on the engine regulations that why you see VW dominating because their engine is much strong than the rest. The formula one has limitations like the WRC and I don't see Renault and Mercedes with the same engines, likewise with Citroen, M-Sport, VW, Etc. The 2007 Subaru WRC 2.0L boxer looks, sounds and performs just like the Citroen C4 WRC 2.0L I4...... I don't think so.
    It appears that you are new here. If you want to get information from this board, you might try a less confrontational approach. That, and your original request is a little vague, to say the least.

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (10th March 2015)
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    It appears that you are new here. If you want to get information from this board, you might try a less confrontational approach. That, and your original request is a little vague, to say the least.
    I just hate seeing people being naysayers on forums but sorry about coming off confrontational and yes, vague because I wanted to make it a general forum for anyone with any information to share if they would like.