Mercedes AMG have unveiled the two new models that will serve as Formula One racing's official safety and medical cars for the 2015 season.
The German manufacturer's new 510bhp GT S will make its debut as the official safety car in the season-opening race in Australia next weekend, replacing the gull-wing SLS AMG that has been used for the past five seasons. The new C 63 S Estate will, meanwhile, serve as the new official medical car.
Both cars will be equipped with radio systems, fully integrated iPads and in-car WLAN hotspots to ensure constant contact with race control throughout a Grand Prix weekend.
German Bernd Maylander will once again drive the safety car, while South African Alan van der Merwe will pilot the medical car.
"The gull-wing SLS AMG was my official car in Formula One for five years," Maylander said. "Now I'm looking forward to the new Mercedes-AMG GT S, which I have been fortunate enough to get to know during its development phase. The new AMG sports car won me over immediately with its high-calibre race track performance."

For tickets to 2015 FORMULA 1 races, click here.
For FORMULA 1 merchandise,