Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts

Circuit of Ireland Rally 2015

Official website: http://www.circuitofireland.net/

Documents: http://www.circuitofireland.net/inte...ts--forms.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD-DShk9Sjk

The Circuit, which will run across stunning stages in counties Antrim and Down, will be part of the prestigious FIA European Rally Championship for the second year and counts as round two of the 2015 FIA ERC Junior Championship.

The rally will finish back in Belfast on the evening of Saturday April 4 and the winner will be crowned at Belfast’s Titanic Quarter, the site of the Rally HQ and Service Park, which will welcome over 1,000 competitors and team personnel over four days from Wednesday 1 April.

Following the success of last year’s rally, Eurosport Events will again broadcast footage of this year’s Circuit, and expects to attract more than 14 million viewers globally.

It’s anticipated the event will generate over £1.5m for the local economy, as thousands of spectators and teams officials travel to Northern Ireland, and book an estimated 10,000 bed nights.

Event Director, Bobby Willis said:

“The Circuit of Ireland was a sensational success this year which more than lived up to its billing of ‘legendary’ status by the ERC. We are delighted to have retained that honour for 2015 and plan to further build on our international reputation and profile.”

“Over 14 million viewers across the world watched the various stages in 2014 on Eurosport and its global media partners. The Circuit also demonstrated its international popularity with over a quarter of our visitors originating from outside Northern Ireland. A full entry list also saw 14 nations represented among the competing teams.”

“It is our goal to make it even bigger and better next year. We’ve already started talks with teams and individuals interested in competing and I’m confident that the quality of the line-up will be exceptional. The Circuit of Ireland is firmly back at the premium end of the international rally arena and we are really looking forward to an exciting Championship programme.”

Jean-Baptiste Ley, ERC General Co-ordinator said:

"We are very pleased the Circuit of Ireland Rally will form an important part of the ERC schedule for 2015. As expected, this year's event proved a great success with fantastic stages, including two in town centres, lots of fans, an excellent service park in Belfast's Titanic Quarter, plus the enthusiasm and professionalism of a dedicated and hard-working organising team."
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 25th February 2015 at 18:12.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    Lukynuk confirmed, great news!

3. Likes: dimviii (19th February 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (19th February 2015),gravelman (25th February 2015),Munkvy (23rd February 2015),pantealex (20th February 2015),stefanvv (19th February 2015),WUff1 (19th February 2015)
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Following the success of last year’s rally (...)
    I'm sorry, but what success?!

“The Circuit of Ireland was a sensational success this year which more than lived up to its billing of ‘legendary’ status by the ERC.
    Really?!

"As expected, this year's event proved a great success "
    I don't want to sound too negative, but is this guy living on the moon? Wasn't Circuit of Ireland the worst round of last year's ERC?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

5. Likes: WRC1 (19th February 2015)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    No, this was Cyprus

7. Likes: Jarek Z (20th February 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I'm sorry, but what success?!

Really?!

I don't want to sound too negative, but is this guy living on the moon? Wasn't Circuit of Ireland the worst round of last year's ERC?
    You have expressed your normal negative opinion on this rally again, now let the rest of enjoy this event.

The drivers certainly enjoyed it in 2014:
    Breen: 'These are the finest tarmac stages in the world to drive'
    Abbring: 'This is how rallying should be'
    Lappi: 'The Fabia performed wonderfully and the numerous jumps were a lot of fun. At times the stages felt like 'Finland on asphalt'.
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: Nelly (20th February 2015)
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    No, this was Cyprus
    Why?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    Why?
    Because of the regulation mix (tyres) between ERC and APRC.

EDIT: I understand APRC is important for Rally Cyprus because of the quality of entries.
    Last edited by WUff1; 19th February 2015 at 16:15.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    It was MERC, not APRC. Stage-wise Ireland may be great, but for spectators it's a difficult and dangerous event in my opinion. Also competition-wise it's not a great value for ERC, (almost) no local drivers doing the event.

13. Likes: Jarek Z (20th February 2015)
    With a lengthy ERC season planned for Lukyanuk and Chervonenko, the crew are next heading to Ireland, which should be the first full tarmac rally for Alexey, but they are not planning to stand back and watch.

“We have a big test program planned before the Irish ERC round, which will be a very specific asphalt race with jumps and narrow roads. Asphalt is a new surface to me, but I hope that we will not look pale. My first race in the R5 was on tarmac and I showed that I have the level of confidence to drive on the surface – i’m not afraid of it. We have a lot to learn, but i’m sure we will work hard and get a comfortable pace. Sure, the rally will maybe be dominated by Craig Breen, it being his home rally, and Kajto, also a very good driver on asphalt. We will catch up, step-by-step,” added Lukyanuk.

It is also rumoured that the crew has got an offer from M-Sport for official manufacturer support.
    #M-SPORTER

15. Likes: Jarek Z (20th February 2015),Rallyper (20th February 2015),stefanvv (19th February 2015),WUff1 (20th February 2015)
    Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    I agree with Jarek Z once again. For me, It was also the worst event last year in the ERC with a disapponting entry list (almost no local entries) and the winner was known very early.

Cyprus was one of the best events to watch in 2014 in my opinion.

17. Likes: Jarek Z (20th February 2015),Leon (24th February 2015),pantealex (24th February 2015),WRC1 (20th February 2015)