Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Force India to miss next F1 test, denies not paying supplier bills

sorry force india you can not do the test with last years 2014 car (shoot you self in the foot ?)
    http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...r-bills-020715

"As for rumored problems with the fuel tank supplier ATL, Schmidt said the explanation is that the company changed the payment terms of its bills(and did not tell us ?), but Force India has now "paid the bill and received the tank.""
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    This is Bernie's year. He'll have seven teams, three cars per team, and more money than God.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    What was the cut off number for teams being required to supply a third car? Wasn't it 16?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I think it could be a bit late to enter third cars this year. I don't know. I think some team principal already late last year commented that it is too late to make a regulation for third cars for 2015. Now it would be even later! But don't know the specifics.

I still want to believe that Force India makes it onto the grid. Inherently they should be a much stronger team than either Marussia or Caterham. But we'll see.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    What was the cut off number for teams being required to supply a third car? Wasn't it 16?
    I don't know any more. It is so confusing. I thought 20 was the number, below which it shouldn't drop. But I have seen claims that even 14 could be the number!

Well, how small numbers can FIA and TV companies tolerate?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://citizen.co.za/324546/back-sta...trategy-group/
    "Force India have reported the latest offering will not be ready until the second series of tests in Barcelona a week later, so they will be running the 2014 car."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    http://citizen.co.za/324546/back-sta...trategy-group/
    "Force India have reported the latest offering will not be ready until the second series of tests in Barcelona a week later, so they will be running the 2014 car."
    It's a bit two faced of Force India to deny Marussia a chance to run their 2014 car, and then they turn around and do the same thing.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    It's a bit two faced of Force India to deny Marussia a chance to run their 2014 car, and then they turn around and do the same thing.
    I see it the other way. It explains why F.I are against letting Manor use last years car. F.I are not much better off than Manor, but they (because they managed to stay solvent) have had to spend mega bucks to design a new chassis (money they haven't really got) So while they struggle to make the grid with the '15 car, Manor are being allowed to forego the expense of producing a legal car and just roll up with last years thing instead. Basically F.I (and others) with little or no cash are being penalised for not going broke.

Banned
    I don't see why Force India should be allowed to test with their 014 car if they voted not to let Marussia race theirs. It's a goose and gander, and a fair is fair type of thing for me.

And if it's just for testing, what if Marussia shows up at Barcelona with their 014 wanting to join the test? Do you let them, or do you send them home while F.I. tests their 014 car? Personally all I care about is that it's the same thing for everyone. If Marussia can't run last year's car, I don't see why FE deserves a chance to run theirs.

10. Likes: Mia 01 (12th February 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Testing and racing are different animals though. Any one can test almost anything pre-season, and it wouldnt be the first time a team has used an old car in testing, I honestly don't see wht there is a problem with this, let alone any debate or discussion.

As to letting Manor test with last years thing. If they have had their 2015 entry taken and they are part of the season, of course they can test the '14 car. If they have not been allowed entry into the '15 season then they can't.