Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    In that sense every person in this world is a perfectionist... we just have different standards what perfect is...
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    No he can't, because it is not his goal.
    Don't want to transform a rally forum in a semantic forum but...

per·fec·tion·ism (pər-fĕk′shə-nĭz′əm)
    n.
    1. A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.

So, one can have a propention but not be perfect. Kubica does apparently, other kind of people don't.
    Last edited by AL14; 16th March 2015 at 21:36.

Liked 37 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    so you believe in lowlifes but not ugliness... interesting... both are traits of human nature though, you just pick to accept some and i pick to accept everything...
    I understand your criticism of the way he drives, but why you actually are so obsessed with his ugliness? Let's be honest, no one likes ugliness in people because that's how our brains work but pointing that out all the time is just in bad taste.
    Last edited by latek; 16th March 2015 at 21:46.

3. Likes: N.O.T (16th March 2015)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Don't want to transform a rally forum in a semantic forum but...

per·fec·tion·ism (pər-fĕk′shə-nĭz′əm)
    n.
    1. A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.

So, one can have a propention but not be perfect. Kubica does apparently, other kind of people don't.
    So, and, therefore.... What of it he has propensity? Does he do something about it, or just stays with it's propensity and doesn't know what to do?
    Yes, he is perfectionist by definition, but not by heart.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    So, and, therefore.... What of it he has propensity? Does he do something about it, or just stays with it's propensity and doesn't know what to do?
    Yes, he is perfectionist by definition, but not by heart.
    That's why I wrote he seems stubborn. As I said I think he really work hard but in the wrong direction.

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    I think Kubica has a professional approach that is near perfectionism, you have to if you've reached F1, even being a potential future world champion. Due to an accident he was forced to do something else. Now 2015, he has chosen the path of his own team; car , tyres ,etc etc all within available budgets and possibilities. If you see how dedicated he is, how he handles his disability, how he takes the recce with endless discussions with his co driver, his approach is utter professionalism and you could sense he took his perfectionalism to the rally sport. Only thing he lacks is experience and mileage, and maybe after the period he set himself to decide whether he is talented enough to do this job, he can make the next step in his career, as perfectionists tend to do.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (17th March 2015),jarauto2 (17th March 2015),Mariusz (16th March 2015),Rallyper (16th March 2015)
    Ah yeah, the mileage. How the crashes help in that?

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Of course any moment that doesn't allow to go further causes to miss mileage, why are you even asking this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    Of course any moment that doesn't allow to go further causes to miss mileage, why are you even asking this?
    To say that if you need experience the last thing you do is driving like him.

Al is right, with every crash he misses the opportunity to do more and learn more. Driving on the limit is not always the thing someone should do, depending on the priority this can vary....

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    To say that if you need experience the last thing you do is driving like him.
    I get that, but maybe he doesn't have time to go Evans' route by going slower and to try increase pace by little bit every year. Or if he wants to get to a factory team he knows that they're quite a lot of drivers who can drive just to get 'some' points, but there are not too many who can win a rally? I don't think there are too many people you actually know what he is thinking...