Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Prokop is a true rally driver, always looking at the big picture and not focusing on the moment. he could aim trophies in lowest levels but since he has the possibility he stays with the top guys. Of course he misses the talent and speed to match factory drivers times but among the privateers he can be called the best.
    It's good that Prokop knows his limitations and settles for finishing events to gain places by other drivers crashes. But like liposh wrote, why couldn't he just push in his favourite rallies? I mean he might get his podium in Argentina or something but it will be pure luck. His way is ok for him, but not for Kubica.
    We will see how he will do on next year's Dakar as he should good in this type of events.

2. Likes: Gregor-y (3rd November 2015)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    It's good that Prokop knows his limitations and settles for finishing events to gain places by other drivers crashes. But like liposh wrote, why couldn't he just push in his favourite rallies? I mean he might get his podium in Argentina or something but it will be pure luck. His way is ok for him, but not for Kubica.
    We will see how he will do on next year's Dakar as he should good in this type of events.
    Yes, pheraps he could dare sometimes, maybe he does it but we do not notice it

4. Likes: Gregor-y (3rd November 2015)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    For me this is really pity. I was at the beginning of his international career, in first years in JWRC I liked his motivation, style when he was always trying to fight, to improve yourself, to be faster. But later in JWRC and SWRC, he lost this "drive" and focused on reliability. And I think that this is his problem - he can go lets say on 95% of his speed constantly without mistakes. But he is not abel to switch to another level and go to his limits...

6. Likes: marcosg (3rd November 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Prokop lost it somewhere between the special stage and the local Mcdonalds...

I really believe that if he suddenly stops from rallying maybe 1 or 2 guys who are autistic with counting WRC cars on each entry list will notice... he does not offer anything.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Prokop lost it somewhere between the special stage and the local Mcdonalds...

I really believe that if he suddenly stops from rallying maybe 1 or 2 guys who are autistic with counting WRC cars on each entry list will notice... he does not offer anything.
    But we need to have drivers like Prokop - rallysport is not only about winner, but also about "the others". And only from this "the others" we can have new champions in future. Martin will never be champion, but at least he is good benchmark for newcomers or young drivers.

9. Likes: AL14 (3rd November 2015),leighton323 (3rd November 2015),OldF (5th November 2015),WRC1 (3rd November 2015)
    Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    he does not offer anything.
    He doesn't have to. If he has passion and likes to just drive WRC car and have the possibility, then let him be.

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Compared to Bertelli he´s a top driver.

12. Likes: Munkvy (4th November 2015),WRC1 (3rd November 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    But we need to have drivers like Prokop - rallysport is not only about winner, but also about "the others". And only from this "the others" we can have new champions in future. Martin will never be champion, but at least he is good benchmark for newcomers or young drivers.
    In rallysport yes in the WRC no... at least not after so many years.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Prokop is smart. The money must be save and is regular without crashes and other issues. The car is reliable. I expected more from him but FIA don't support privateers to give him other objectives.

We have same history with Armindo Araújo, he was much more faster than we saw on PWRC years but losted in save car, save money,....

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    In rallysport yes in the WRC no...
    Why?