Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Back to the thread topic... Condolences to those that lost their lives and a quick recovery to those caught up in the sieges this afternoon in France. All terrorists dead and a big well done to the French police and special forces for ending it.

I think the UK and other surrounding countries to France are learning and putting measures in place because I doubt these are isolated incidents. Europe is so accessible and these are very worrying times.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Starter, don't have a heart attack.I absolutely agree with you pertaining these groups that have no other ideals than to subject the infidels to death and not least their own ,whether opposing branches of their religion or their women whom they look upon as mere chattel.
    I have met many men in my field that were Muslim and once they hit western shores all those that I know were smitten by blonds women and booze. They being infidels was soon forgotten.
    As for jokes, where Jon Brow Brown states that there are no subjects one can't find humor in; I find that ludicrous. Is there a joke for Sese Seko and his atrocities, Hitler, Himmler, Amin, Pol Pot the victims of 9/11, the firemen and police officers, doctors and nurses dying now from the aftermath of the noxious fumes ingested? That there is a joke applicable to any of the atrocities of those mentioned by name and those that died on 9/11, please spare me.
    Last edited by Spafranco; 9th January 2015 at 20:30.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Henners, in my religion having faith is not limited to different interpretations of bible texts ( which anyway express facts that happen on divine level as they were seen/preceived by humans and shouldn't be taken ad litteram ). It's more about having intense inner experiences. It's probably difficult to understand esp. for those who were educated in the protestant spirit. I'm not as religious as I should be, matter of fact I'm almost not at all lately. But I still have the faith. It helps me in my difficult moments and offers me a bit of tranquility. For me it's enough to make me continue to follow it. It's possible that my God doesn't exist, at least in the form we use to think about him. So what? I follow a faith that teaches me good things and I respect some traditions that make me feel relieved whenever I manage to keep them. I do this without feeling any constraint from a church that doesn't force me to attend it but that will always keep an open door for me.
    Yeah, I know....Might seem silly.... So what?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco View Post
    As for jokes, where Jon Brow Brown states that there are no subjects one can't find humor in; I find that ludicrous. Is there a joke for Sese Seko and his atrocities, Hitler, Himmler, Amin, Pol Pot the victims of 9/11, the firemen and police officers, doctors and nurses dying now from the aftermath of the noxious fumes ingested? That there is a joke applicable to any of the atrocities of those mentioned by name and those that died on 9/11, please spare me.
    Well just make sure that when you come to buy tickets for my stand-up show you ask the ticket officer 'excuse me, are there going to be any jokes about Hitler, Himmler, Amin, Pol Pot or 9/11 in this show?' Just to make sure

Might not be my best gag ever, but that's an example of a joke that includes all of those topics. Was it in bad taste?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    All terrorists dead and a big well done to the French police and special forces for ending it.
    But so many policemen for 3 terrorists whose identity was known and couldn't even been caught alive......

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    But so many policemen for 3 terrorists whose identity was known and couldn't even been caught alive......
    Yeah a very sad series of events and thankfully no more coppers lost their lives.

I understand why people choose religion but it's not for me. I was brought up as a catholic just for reference here. My family are from the North West of Northern Ireland. My parents claim to be religious, sort of, but have never pushed it onto me and don't practise it. I've never really believed in God and just went along with things because of school and extended family really. By my late teens I barely gave it another thought.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I don't think they kill for such reasons.....They don't have a problem if people don't worship Allah.
    Otherwise they should kill more than half of the world. For God's sake.....We lived under the Ottoman empire for a few hundreds years and never been forced to convert to Islam or deny our religion....
    I don't have time to follow the news but in this particular case I understood there were some cartoons involving prophet Mahomed. We know his image is taboo and the offence to their prophet is punished by death. I think there are some limits in everything. Come on.....We also don't make jokes about the Holocaust.....
    Actually the issue is there shouldn't be images of humans in places of worship, that is roughly what is in the Koran. After Mohammad's death, scholars decided to introduce the ban on mocking the prophet, including making any images. This is not something that is part of religious text, but part of evolved religious dogma. It also states nowhere that this is punishable by death, that again is interpretation of something written by other after the "sacred" texts were handed down
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Totally disagree with this. What joke could be made regarding Rwanda? About the Sudan? About Slavery? About starvation that would be acceptable.
    It doesn't matter what joke could be made, it's not limiting the subject. It's also not making a joke about those things, it's using those issues as a subject. It's quite possible those jokes may be in incredibly poor taste, and not very funny, and you have every right to be offended, but I strongly feel no subject should be off limits. Human decency tends to mean people try to avoid the most offensive subjects, but out of tragedy often comes great comedy or other forms of creativity
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    and then what would you do with them?? elimination is the only valid answer
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Starter, don't have a heart attack.I absolutely agree with you pertaining these groups that have no other ideals than to subject the infidels to death and not least their own ,whether opposing branches of their religion or their women whom they look upon as mere chattel.
    I have met many men in my field that were Muslim and once they hit western shores all those that I know were smitten by blonds women and booze. They being infidels was soon forgotten.

For some of them no such as Pol Pot. But for Hilter certainly. He's one of the most parodied characters in history.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums