Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't understand the rules in cricket but am able to follow the game enough to enjoy it and see the skill whenever on vacation in Europe. I did get the opportunity to hold a cricket ball one and I could not believe it was so dang heavy.
    Sad to hear of a young man losing his life playing a game he loved. I wish his family well.

2. Likes: steveaki13 (3rd December 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    It was a freak accident indeed and not one we often see at the highest level. Hopefully this will put an end to trend of aiming for the man rather than the wicket. We see that all too often these days with international cricket, especially during tests that turn aggressive. Not suggesting this was the case in Phillip Hughes case, but it does go to show that it can end with the worst possible consequences should the bowler aim short and risk hitting the batsman head.

Condolences to his family and his team mates in the Australian Cricket team. It was very moving seeing Michael Clarke's eulogy at the funeral and its clear this has had a devastating effect on all who played with Phillip.