Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lewis Hamilton Helmet

Just curious to see what you guys think of Lewis Hamiltons 2014 helmet design compared to his 2013 design?

LH 1.jpg

LH 2.jpg

Personally I'm a purist with Helmet design and believe that the helmet is a drivers trademark so should never change, well maybe a one off special but not every race like Seb Vettel. So with that in mind I much prefer Lewis's 2013 design.

Which do you guys prefer?

(sorry if this has been asked before, forgive me I'm new)

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I believe that Hamilton and Rosberg both changed from yellow helmets that were too similar last season.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    IMO, he should have stayed with the Sennaesque design from his younger days. I'm not that fond of either of the later designs.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    The helmet designs have become so complicated that at speed they are just a blurr, so I don't think it much matters. Back when things were simpler it was easy to pick out Clark, Stewart, Hill, Hulme, etc by their helmet designs alone.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Especially with no clear numbers on cars. If you see a car in a longer shot, the only way sometimes to tell is the helmet.

Anyway, these days we have graphics telling us who they are most of the time I suppose
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yup I liked the days when drivers had distinctive helmets with a marked colour scheme that never changed, and they didn't change them to suit their sponsors etc.

That being said I do like the way the numbers are bigger this year and that importantly, they'll be the same next year and the year after. (Not for Hamilton or Rosberg of course )
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums