Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Marussia gone; official

Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    That's a shame - sad to see them go. I'd have rather see them survive than Caterham any day of the week as they at least managed to score 2 points.

3. Likes: rjbetty (7th November 2014),steveaki13 (8th November 2014)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Bummer. I was hoping they could be resurrected.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

5. Likes: Duncan (7th November 2014)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    What a shame. Something needs to be done to allow people to pursue their dreams...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Iīm upset about this.

The plucky hard triers like Marussia are one of the major points of interest in F1 for me.

Do you hear that Bernie? One of the main reasons I follow F1 is for the small teams and their hopes and progress.

I've been keeping an eye on the team and admired how they have always consolidated and improved, doing it on so little. Just that not many noticed... Pound for pound in the way they are run, I consider them a top team, certainly ahead of teams like Ferrari.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

8. Likes: andyone (28th February 2015),Duncan (8th November 2014),Mark (8th November 2014),RS (8th November 2014),steveaki13 (8th November 2014)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    The harsh reality is that teams like Marussia, Caterham and HRT are no different to the likes of Coloni, AGS, Scuderia Italia, Pacific, Larousse and many others - nothing more than footnotes in the F1 history books that few will remember 5 minutes after they are gone. Bernie doesn't care as they never made him any money. Ferrari, Williams, and McLaren don't care either truth be told. Should they care? Bloody hell they should because without them the sport that makes Bernie money, gave and continues to give Ferrari it's allure and is the only reason McLaren and Williams exist is in danger of turning into an incestuous orgy of inbreeding that will leave the sport resembling a grotesque shadow of it's once glorious past.

F1 needs to rethink every facet of itself starting with Bernie and then moving on to it's governance and financial structures. F1 can't continue to be run by vested interests. Without change the sport is dead.
    Forza Ferrari!!

10. Likes: Tazio (20th November 2014),Warriwa (8th November 2014),zako85 (6th February 2015)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Nothing too unexpected here in truth. Back in 2010 we had HRT, Marussia (Virgin), and Caterham (Fake Lotus) all join F1 under the promise of reduced costs, whilst the likes of Prodrive (Aston Martin) were turned down.

In simple terms we had three teams enticed into F1 when they simply couldnt afford to do so.
    Last edited by yodasarmpit; 9th November 2014 at 13:25. Reason: Team name oops

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Thing is, Prodrive intended to run a customer car...

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Iīm upset about this.

The plucky hard triers like Marussia are one of the major points of interest in F1 for me.

Do you hear that Bernie? One of the main reasons I follow F1 is for the small teams and their hopes and progress.

I've been keeping an eye on the team and admired how they have always consolidated and improved, doing it on so little. Just that not many noticed... Pound for pound in the way they are run, I consider them a top team, certainly ahead of teams like Ferrari.
    As you know, Rj I am with you. F1 with 14 cars and all large teams bores the pants off me.

Marussia deserved to survive until 2015 and at least have a chance of using there money from those 2 points. I hope Caterham can survive, but I doubt it now.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

14. Likes: rjbetty (9th November 2014),RS (8th November 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    So, how the BOSS GP series going?