Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

So how do you feel about 14 cars?

Evidently, Bernardo doesn't see this as an issue, rather criticizing the teams that spend "only" 50-80 million as having their "begging bowls."

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Needless to say, 14 cars basically means a series is dead. Or at the very least about to die.

Can't believe Bernie will let it go that far, but it could be he has no choice given he has let F1 to fall into the state it has fallen. To give $100M to Ferrari for just showing up, while half of the field get nothing, is meant to cause issues one day.

The rich and successful may think that "poverty is the problem of the poor", but ignorance will hit them sooner or later too. Because big teams need smaller ones as well for healthy competition and for the series to actually exist.

3. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd November 2014),rjbetty (1st November 2014),steveaki13 (1st November 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quite so. You can't win unless you've beaten someone.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    If I'm not mistaken , this is the time for talk about how to redistribute the wealth , as , isn't today the day they are to sign on to next year ?
    Lotus , Sauber and Force India have all made statements to this effect .

It is at this point , when the survival of the series is clearly at significant risk , that they MUST make a change .
    They want to compete , so the formula , itself , isn't the issue .
    Even the actual money to run is acceptable , if the series shared out the funds in a better way .

The money could still be more for those top manufacturers who reach the front , but the disparity between them and the tail-enders should be a lot less .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 1st November 2014 at 16:28.

6. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd November 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    They had a serious proposal to cut costs and get more teams in but the existing teams threw it out.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    So how do you feel about 14 cars?
    I'll tell you when it is a reality, but I think that theywill hammer something out and there will be 18 cars on the grid, with 20 in2016. Bernie won't let it go that far, he’s talking shit now but he will bucklebehind closed doors, and it’s pathetic that that is the way he does business,because they need sweeping changes in the way profits are distributed. My opinionof him and his constant tinkering with the formula hasn't changed, and wouldreally like to see that little miser over throne, but I've felt that way formany years. I’ll be fine with 18 cars.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I want 26 cars FFS.

I know it won't happen, but I want it
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

10. Likes: Duncan (3rd November 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Its a sorry state of affairs when 2 team are going bankcrupt ,and maybe 2 others are complaining about their state of affairs.
    IF Bernie is paying Ferrari $100 million ,just to turn up ,then why do some of the others not get a help too ?
    Probably 14 of the current drivers get payed whilst the others are pay drivers .
    There is money about ,as Mac/Honda have reportedly offered Alonso 35 Million Eu to drive next year .
    Its a case of them and US .BUT US need them (The smaller teams ) to make the numbers up ,and overtaking interesting too

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Apparently the proposed boycott has gotten his attention.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...141101?rpc=401
    Last edited by Tazio; 2nd November 2014 at 00:57.
    May the forza be with you

13. Likes: Duncan (3rd November 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    14 cars? I wonder how bad it really has to be, before everyone backs down and does something to restructure F1?

Just think. People would still spend heaps of money going to watch that field lol

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I want 26 cars FFS.

I know it won't happen, but I want it
    That's the limit of an F1 field. In hindsight, it's poor form that the F1 "economy" isn't tailored to that. 20 is as bad as 18. But there must some negative psychological effect of having 20<.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quite so. You can't win unless you've beaten someone.
    As someone who benefited as a result of "winning" a single field in my class a couple of times, I can tell you that it's an empty feeling. I gladly take the points towards the standings, but that's it.