Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    So what do we think, is CVC caving, or is this fund coming out of monies previously given to the bigger teams?

On the table now for Mackenzie to consider is a proposal whereby the smaller teams are given an additional pot of money to top up existing annual payments based on their final position in the constructors' championship.
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has already argued such funds would not solve the problems of the more minor marques.
    Kaltenborn naturally disagrees as she feels an additional 20 million US dollars per team - the figure understood to have been put forward - will suffice.
    http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1...e/669/9550921/-
    Or is it just talk to placate the "Rebels" for the rest of the season?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    The logistic cost is a sizable chunk of the teams' spending. The organizer, CVC, may help out by arranging and footing the bills for the teams to each race. They may offer to cover the cost of a fixed number of team members, cargo & accommodation. The teams will pay for the extra if they decided to fly first class or in their private jet. The subsidy will not cover team promotional activities & hospitality. More attention is required on the mid table battles. I can still remember when Minardi & Webber scored their first point in Australia. A second set of cameras & crew dedicated to the rest of the pack are required. The free to air viewers will get the standard broadcast. The pay tv viewers will have acces to more contents such as the midfield & bottom table battle or subscribe to certain team or driver exclusively. CVC should invest in producing 4k content. The premium package subscribers will be able to enjoy the 4k quality at a price. It can be done with 1 company equipped with 4k capability. Formula 1 ought to be in the forefront in delivering cutting edge content.
    In short. Bernie needs to focus more on how to sustain the business as a whole rather than just making profits from creating new race venues.

3. Likes: Tazio (6th November 2014)
    Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Perhaps. In the US, cars have become uncool. The econazis have convinced everyone that cars are polluting the planet and burning resources. Besides, today's kids (tomorrow's fans) would rather keep their noses buried in their cell phones than get laid, so I don't have much hope for racing to survive in this country, at least not at anywhere near the levels we have seen.

Thats one best reply s i have ever read!

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Perhaps. In the US, cars have become uncool. The econazis have convinced everyone that cars are polluting the planet and burning resources. Besides, today's kids (tomorrow's fans) would rather keep their noses buried in their cell phones than get laid, so I don't have much hope for racing to survive in this country, at least not at anywhere near the levels we have seen.
    No its not just the US. Its definitely the case in Europe and once the Chinese and Indians get over the novelty of having their own cars and realise the cost of all the taxes they are hit with they'll go the same way. Many adults I know living in or near the centre of London don't bother owning a car, if they need one they become members of a car-sharing club or hire one. I can't see their kids being too enthusiastic about car-culture either. Motorsports will have a tough time recruiting a new generation of fans.

And thats ignoring the cultural and legal effect of self-driving cars. It might well be the case in a decade from now that the concept of driving your own car for pleasure on public roads will be viewed as being as irresponsible as taking drugs once self-driving cars gain a reputation for being safer than human drivers.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Well now I'm depressed!

Surely cars will always be cool?

My passion for cars comes from my father who had a V12 XJ-S Jaguar and I loved the smell it made. Kids today will get a passion for cars through their Xboxes and Playstations. Some of the latest games such as Forza Horizon look beautiful and make cars cool.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Interesting discussion. I agree with Malbec about the general world trends. By the way, I am also among those people, who values the whole eco stuff and sustainable development a lot. And I also don't have a car to drive in everyday life, and don't care to be honest.

But still.... I like motorsport, I like racing, I like sporting contest! Even if everyday simple life is quite different and not in any way helpful to the motorsport business.

As for how F1 and racing could find new fans. It is a complicated topic with no easy answer. Perhaps it is time to re-define itself a bit, and which side of it to promote. I don't need to be a car fanatic in everyday life to like F1. There are many facets of F1, which are fascinating - driving skills, racing, competition, team work, modern technology, business, tradition/history, speed fascination (lost a bit in the new era), and other stuff. Each to their own I guess. But F1 is like a microcosm of a world, that's how I like to think about it.
    Last edited by jens; 8th November 2014 at 11:50.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Some of us have referred to the 26 car limit. But I was thinking further. F1 should actually aiming for more than 26 car. 30, 40 if possible! It would be better overall.

The F1 "boys club" has exaggerated the cost of everything, including competing at the rear. It'd be bare bones, no frills budgets. Aside from more spots being available, the budget required to get a drive would be a lot lower. This give more and even wider opportunity to break into F1 grid. Budgets could possibly be so small, that a team might not even bother with a pay driver (even if they bring in slightly more money) and take a punt on a "worthy" talent. You know, the egalitarian utopia we all want F1 to be?

If in a really weak car. Someone may qualify for a race (or even makes it through pre-qualifying unexpectedly!) it could be the one-off result that could transform a career!

9. Likes: steveaki13 (9th November 2014)