Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Assuming there is VW post-2015
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Lappi is off cource a very good driver, but if one should predict how he will perform in the WRC, one should take a few aspects in account.
    Becoming a series champion is off cource a very good feat, but this years ERC has not been the strongest. A lot of problems with the Peugeot has hampered competition, and the season has been clouded by a lot of retirements, both driver errors and mechanical.
    Lappis best performance - in my opinion - came in Ireland. But this is a very peculiar event.
    For me he has not convinced in the same degree on gravel, and being very good on familiar events, but struggeling more on the unfamiliar ones, I suspect that the pace notes could be improved.
    I also see an aspect in his driving technique that would need to be erectified before he is on true WRC level (but dont get me wrong, he is a very good driver )
    It is also not good that in some races he has "given up" on the turbo cars (R5īs). An S2000 has an advantage in many aspects.
    But Lappi on his best on a rally he masters, like on his best in Finland, is true master class.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Lappi is off cource a very good driver, but if one should predict how he will perform in the WRC, one should take a few aspects in account.
    Becoming a series champion is off cource a very good feat, but this years ERC has not been the strongest. A lot of problems with the Peugeot has hampered competition, and the season has been clouded by a lot of retirements, both driver errors and mechanical.
    Lappis best performance - in my opinion - came in Ireland. But this is a very peculiar event.
    For me he has not convinced in the same degree on gravel, and being very good on familiar events, but struggeling more on the unfamiliar ones, I suspect that the pace notes could be improved.
    I also see an aspect in his driving technique that would need to be erectified before he is on true WRC level (but dont get me wrong, he is a very good driver )
    It is also not good that in some races he has "given up" on the turbo cars (R5īs). An S2000 has an advantage in many aspects.
    But Lappi on his best on a rally he masters, like on his best in Finland, is true master class.
    In what aspect do You think that s2000 has advantage? Apart of being more reliable ...

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polo10 View Post
    In what aspect do You think that s2000 has advantage? Apart of being more reliable ...
    If I am not misinformed a fully developed S2000 still has the edge when it comes to maximum power output.
    The Skoda S2000 is a competition veichle in the end of its life cyclus, with all the developments that would sugest.
    And, as You state, reliability.
    To see what an S2000 Skoda can do in full flight one should look at what Ogier managed against WRC cars in the Skoda S2000.

The most important aspect is that differences between rally cars are almost always smaller than the drivers often believe.

But this is a little off topic. Lappi is a very good talent, but his future performance in the WRC is difficult to predict at this early stage, because the results wary - and two more years in Skoda - and the certainty that should deliver - would be very good for his development.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#